Search results

1. P

This is just a Sunday reminder of the Canon EOS R5 specifications

What does the asterisk at the end of this line mean? "No crop 8K and 4K video capture using the full-width of the sensor.*"
  2. P

This is just a Sunday reminder of the Canon EOS R5 specifications

That's incorrect. Wrong perspective. It's good to post all known and rumored specs after a while in ONE article because they're spread on several different posts. Some people who didn't follow ALL posts don't have time to check EVERY post to get a clear idea. This post is very useful...
  3. P

Canon announces development of the EOS R5 full-frame mirrorless camera

I'm a bit confused.. So, there won't be an R6? And any guess on the price range of R5? Thank you!!
  4. P

Canon officially announces the PowerShot G5 X Mark II and PowerShot G7 X Mark III

EDITED - See P.S. ___ I want to rectify myself: This camera RAW file extension is indeed .CR3 There's an option to save cRAW which I understand as compressed-RAW which is mentioned in page 104 of User Guide. It says the RAW data is saved in "more compact" file size. No mention to loose some...
  5. P

Canon officially announces the PowerShot G5 X Mark II and PowerShot G7 X Mark III

In Picture quality: You can choose between standard RAW .CR2 and "cRAW" .CR3 (Smaller, compressed raw, with - I'm almost sure - some loose of data)
  6. P

Hi! I usually run out of battery because I'm still testing it a lot, trying to learn all the features, and setting it up to the best. I saved C mode with my favorite settings, and as mentioned earlier, I made my Favorite menus, all ordered with my priorities, as I did on my 5D4, so to have all...
  7. P

Hey guys, I want to share this with you. Good news! I received the charger and cables, tested with the G5X II and I can confirm: 1- You CAN change the battery inside the camera via USB-C 2- You CAN turn ON and USE the camera WITHOUT any battery inside, powering the camera via USB-C No need...
  8. P

Oh, I forgot to say that in Video mode there's an option of Auto level, which compensates small tilts of the camera to the sides, similar to digital image stabilization but for leveling. Yes, IQ is great, main reason I decided to get it and not carry a very expensive gear, also VERY discrete...
  9. P

EDITED some parts & added comments at bottom --- Wow... your car has lot of secret features ;) Well, after bit more testing my GX5 II I found (brief list, sorry, lack of time) - in VIDEO Mode (Video-cam icon, the only mode you can record 4K so far) you also have option to record HDR Video (at...
  10. P

Hi friends! I updated the Firmware of my G5XII. Yesterday I was setting up the "Favorite" menu (most handy functions, a great idea from Canon since some years ago), and also testing some features I didn't know. I was really impressed with some of them, which I don't even have in my 5D4 and I...
  11. P

Lolll B&W at 16fps looks nice!! Years ago one of the 1st Canon Rebels shot at 20fps and almost everybody complained it wasn't useful for movie making, and they were right. Canon sometimes releases annoying things Well, let's enjoy the 24p and improved AF!! :)
  12. P

Yes! There are many ways to add grain / scratches in case you want it to look as an old film. But with film-looking i didn't mean an "old film" looking Yes, Firmware update is quite easy but needs the care you said: - 100% charged battery - no touching the camera at all in the process I...
  13. P

Great! Good to know. I still have to do it. - To your question: 24p, or in fact 23.98 fps in this case ( the EOS 5D4 has an option for "real cinema 24p"), has 2 main advantages: 1- Real-Film-Like looking (IF it is shot correctly, I mean it's not the only factor. Lighting is also a key factor...
  14. P

Yes, several times I criticized Canon for crippling Cameras (and did spread that a lot) But well, I'm really happy that the bad-reviews/complains/forum chat, etc. made them take the right way to improve Firmware of many cameras (90D, R, Rp, G7X III & G5X II) to implement what should have been...
  15. P

I was checking the OEM Canon charger that came with my G5X II and this is unbelievable.. It outputs only 4.2V and 0.7A to the battery. So a normal USB-C charger should perfectly work, no need at all for high wattage to charge this very small battery... unless it charges in 1 minute Canon...
  16. P

It looks very nice, but I'm looking for something more in a budget.. I think I'll probably buy the Rawpower @CANNOT posted before or maybe an Amazon Basics charger with PD that I found. I wonder if this cable would work (already have it) or should buy a new one...
  17. P

@CANNOT, Thanks! So I also need a PD compatible USB-C Cable... I need a charger to charge the G5X II AND my Samsung (micro USB) Smartphone - If I buy the Anker I posted before ($11 cheaper than the Rawpower), and the Cable you posted, I could charge both devices? (Using a USB-A cable for my...
  18. P

Hi @CANNOT, I found this at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07GWQ2GJC/ - Should it work to charge the G5X II using a "NORMAL" USB-C to USB-C cable? - Since it has a USB-A port too, I suppose I could charge traditional devices via this port. What do you think? (It would solve the...
  19. P

Hi CANNOT!! Thanks a lot. I was expecting you would see my post and might help us, and fortunately you did! :) How can I know if a charger is PD comparible? It's always stated? I don't know what it means, nor didn't know it existed. - I need to buy it at Amazon due to my country customs...
  20. P

Hi! Thanks for all your help, really appreciate, it was extremely helpful to me! I'm setting "Favorite" custom menus, as I did on my DSLRs, and learning the features. Still have to upgrade to the newer Firmware!! For 24p and supposed better AF (and a vulnerability patch) - About the USB-C...