Search results

1. xanbarksdale

New Canon EOS R5 firmware may come sooner than previously announced

That’s the ONLY thing I’m hoping for!
  2. xanbarksdale

Canon is thinking about more lenses like the RF 600mm f/11 STM and RF 800mm f/11 STM

These lenses do absolutely nothing for me... I'm sure that some people will definitely want the discount telephoto lenses, but I wish Canon would focus on releasing more high quality L glass. I'm still patiently waiting for the RF 24mm...
  3. xanbarksdale

Preorder the already acclaimed Canon Cinema EOS C70

I don’t need that kind of negativity in my life!
  4. xanbarksdale

Up until a few minutes ago the BH site said "expected availability in December." That has now been removed so hopefully it begins shipping in the next few days!
  5. xanbarksdale

The manual for the upcoming Canon Cinema EOS C70 is now available

A few things about this camera release have been VERY surprising in my opinion... The release date was listed as "late November," but all the sites like BH said that it would ship "in December." There's been very little info about specifics of the release. Secondly, lots of Canon ambassadors...
  6. xanbarksdale

This is the Canon RF lens roadmap

It's a little disappointing to me that they aren't planning on releasing a 24 1.4 any time soon...this would be the perfect lens in RF mount!
  7. xanbarksdale

Canon USA officially announces the Canon Cinema EOS C70

There's one piece of information that I haven't been able to find and am hoping that someone here knows... Does the C70 play back 4k 120fps files at 30p or does it maintain all 120fps. It would be REALLY nice if Canon didn't automatically save the file as 30fps!
  8. xanbarksdale

The next firmware for the Canon EOS R5 is still on schedule for November

Sounds like an awesome upgrade!
  9. xanbarksdale

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS M50 Mark II

I don’t understand why everyone is complaining. If you want pro features then buy a pro camera. The M series are hobby cameras at best. If you “need” IBIS, dual card slots, longer than 30 min record limits then you shouldn’t even be considering a camera like this.
  10. xanbarksdale

Are there two version of the RF 35mm f/1.2L USM coming? [CR1]

I'm hoping for a 24 1.2 or 1.4 sometime soon.
  11. xanbarksdale

Two ‘Big Whites’ coming for the RF mount in 2021 [CR2]

RF 300 2.8 IS...I'm guessing the price will be $7500, are you taking the over or the under?
  12. xanbarksdale

Have we heard of a shipping date? Or just sometime in December?
  13. xanbarksdale

Canon USA officially announces the Canon Cinema EOS C70

Has the ship date been posted anywhere? (sorry, I just skimmed through the 7 pages of comments) I see that B&H says it will begin shipping in December, but I haven't found an exact date. I've got a project in Dec. that I'd LOVE to have this for!
  14. xanbarksdale

A bit of a refresher on what’s next from Canon

I’m interested to see what the C50 will do. The C70 sounds awesome, but I could probably get away with less features. I’m going to hold off on ordering the C70 until more specs and details are announced about the C50.
  15. xanbarksdale

The Canon EOS R5 manual is available for download

Just got my email notification that it shipped!!! beyond excited!
  16. xanbarksdale

What makes you say that?
  17. xanbarksdale

I know this is off topic, but my BH order says "Order in Progress"... Any guesses if I'll be in the first shipment that goes out tomorrow? I didn't place my order until about an hour after they were available so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
  18. xanbarksdale

Firmware: Updates available for RF lenses with image stabilization for use with the EOS R5 and EOS R6

EXACTLY what I was thinking. It's pretty bad in some of his shots, I'm really looking forward to seeing how much this helps. Side note, IBIS looks great for photography and a lot of hand held video shots, but I've been really disappointed in how bad it looks in the two vlogs PM has posted...
  19. xanbarksdale

Here are more specifications for the Canon EOS R5

I’m looking for a little clarity about the 4K recording... I’ve seen multiple places that the 4K is recorded full frame (no crop). I’ve also seen that there is a 4K HQ which uses all the pixels and then downsamples the footage to 4K. And I’ve also seen that there is a crop mode. Will the...