Search results

1. C

There will be an EOS M/EF-M announcement this year [CR1]

An M5 Markii with IBIS is the one thing that would extend the life of the M system. Between sigma and canon, they already have some decent little primes and it just doesn’t make sense to hang a giant telephoto off that little guy anyway...you would just get an older DLSR or move to the R mount...
  2. C

An APS-C RF mount prototype is currently in the wild [CR2]

I would rather see a 83 megapixel sensor in a full sized RF body. Basically keep the same pixel density/tech as the new 32mp sensor but make it full frame. The trick is to have the expanded sensor wiring to have 2 parts. One for the internal 32mp internal “core”, then the rest of the border...
  3. C

Canon EOS M50 Mark II information leaks out ahead of the official announcement

Just give me an M6 Mii with a built in EVF and I’ll be happy. I don’t care what you call it. :)
  4. C

RF Mount APS-C camera coming second half of 2021 [CR2]

I also agree here. I’m the owner of a 7DMarkii, a 5DMarkIV, and an M50. All have different purposes. I basically only use the M50 with the 32mm 1.4 or the 22mm f2.0. This is for when I want a super lightweight tag-along camera for the unexpected photo op, or just common family events. I...
  5. C

Canon will release four new full-frame cameras in 2020 [CR2]

You are correct. The Rs could be a sports shooter, IF they make it fast enough (at least 10 FPS). If it’s only 5FPS it will only be a 5DS/5DSR replacement. And yes, an upgrade to the 5D4 market will have better low light performance...higher resolution is not needed.
  6. C

Potential Canon EOS R Mark II specifications [CR1]

All I want is the Canon version of the A7R4. Give me sufficient speed, high megapixels, and an effective crop mode. Wouldn’t it be nice to replace the 5DS and 7Dii in one go?
  7. C

Patent: IBIS appears in EOS M and PowerShot cameras

Bingo. When Canon: 1: Could easily technically release the M5Markii. 2: Knows that people would want to buy it. 3: Still chooses not to release it. It means that they don’t want you to buy it. They don’t want to make something that will be “good enough” to dissuade folks from the RF...
  8. C

So why do you think Canon didn’t release an M5Markii or any new m-mount lenses recently?
  9. C

I have an M50, because it’s the best M camera that still has an integrated viewfinder. I really wanted the M5Markii to come out, and Canon easily could have released it along side the M6Markii. They just won’t do it though. This is a deliberate choice. They are going to make that market...
  10. C

The Canon EOS 5D Mark V is in the works [CR2]

I think it’s most likely that this will be the FF equivalent of the 80D—>90D move, with the upgrades to the lightmeter and a better sensor. I don’t really think they would hybridize the 5D Mark 5 to be an EF Mount mirrorless camera with an EVF, because that would essentially be an R ii with an...
  11. C

What’s next from Canon?

To me, it’s very possible that Canon feels the need to delay the release of particular models in order to protect an already declining business. Why else wouldn’t Canon release the M5 Mark ii at the same time as the M6? Does anyone really want a camera without a built in viewfinder? If you...