Search results

1. M

Rumors are slow, let’s talk RF lens wish lists

I’d like to see Canon leverage the RF platform take a bite out of a couple lenses that you pretty much have to go elsewhere for. Give me a solid 14mm Prime in the$600-$800 range for Astro. And I’d LOVE to see a Canon RF version of the Laowa 24mm Probe macro lens. Don’t care if it costs a bit...
  2. M

New Firmware coming to the Canon EOS R

C’mon, man. The RP has it. Why not the R? How much longer will I have to endure my wife reminding me her RP has features that my R does not? How hard could it be to just update the R with it? Grrrrr!
  3. M

Is a Canon RF 14-28mm f/2L USM on the way? [CR1]

Yes. Please.
  4. M

Is a Canon RF 14-28mm f/2L USM on the way? [CR1]

TWO card slots? What a joke. If the image wasn't saved on at least THREE cards simultaneously it obviously wasn't worth taking in the first place. I'm a REAL professional, and would never insult my customer and fail them by putting their images at risk on a mere TWO card slots. I REFUSE to...
  5. M

Patent: Canon RF 40mm f/1.8 & Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 optical formulas

Do you think the 40mm might be the pancake that folks are clamouring for?
  6. M

And my RF 50 1.2L is better than the $100 50 Non L. Period.
  7. M

Thinks the current 35 1.8 is too expensive, and the $100 50 is better than the 24-105 4L. Riiight.... :rolleyes:
  8. M

Honest question. Isn't that the current RF 35mm 1.8 and the RP? To me, thats precisely what you're wishing for? What am I missing?
  9. M

Exactly. And a fun little macro to boot. Can't imagine another 35 1.8 would have anything to offer over the current 35 1.8? Doesn't make sense, perzactly. Unless there's something different about trying that's not apparent.
  10. M

The Canon EOS R5 will have an SD & CFExpress slot [CR2]

He didn’t ask you if you’ve ever had a CFast failure. He asked you if you’ve ever had an SD failure.
  11. M

Are these the 7 RF lenses Canon will be announcing in 2020? [CR1]

Absolutely astro photography. Common wisdom holds that primes are superior to zooms for the sharpness coveted by the Milky Way and star photo guys, and the wider the better, and the faster the better. The current EF version is ~$2,100. I'd rather put that money toward an RF version if the...
  12. M

Definitely not the only one. In fact, I had hoped that "ultra-wide prime L" meant 14mm. But. I'll wait. May just grab one of the cheapo Samyangs to bridge me. I've resolved to not but any new glass today isn't RF, so... I might be waiting a while. :rolleyes:
  13. M

I dunno. I read “ultra-wide prime L” and got rather happy about it. But, none of these seem to be an ultra-wide prime by my reconning. Guess some will make the case for the 35, but to me it would be a 24 or less, preferably. I was thinking that an ultra-wide prime might drive the sale of a...
  14. M

The Canon EOS R5 will begin shipping before the Summer Olympics

I’m delaying a lot of important buying decisions until I see this exact thing. And wearing out the refresh icon. It’s the news I’m waiting on the most.
  15. M

What’s next from Canon in 2020?

I keep parsing this over and over. I'm hung up on the "ultra" part of ultra-wide. I've googled a bit and it seems to me that most photographers talk about wide-angle they are taking about lenses that are 24mm and up a bit. But ULTRA wide to me would be below 24mm. 14mm and the like? 11mm...
  16. M

Canon announces development of the EOS R5 full-frame mirrorless camera

A really wide angle L prime like a 14 or a 24 would be a sweet little bone to throw the astro guys. Like me
  17. M

Is an RF 100-500mm lens on the way? [CR2]

I can't find it anymore, but I have a clear memory of a rumored RF Teleconverter that was switchable between 1.4x and 2x. Any word on whatever became of that rumor?
  18. M

Is an RF 100-500mm lens on the way? [CR2]

College is over-rated. Trades are where it's at. Haven't you been listening to Mike Rowe? :)
  19. M

Canon EOS RS Specifications? [CR1]

It's already started. The card-slot cry-bullies have already started in about the rumors of one of them being CFExpress and one not. But if BOTH were CFExpress they'd whine about the expense. If BOTH were SD they'd whine about the speed. They were always going to cry about something.