Search results

1. T

Upcoming 2024 Canon RF lens recap

What am I missing here? Eh? Isn't this a rumour site? Doesn't that mean you're guessing?
  2. T

A fourth unreleased Canon camera has appeared for certification

Won't that cause the glacier to go into retreat? Climate Change scientists tell us that's really bad news for the entire planet.
  3. T

Canon RF 24mm f/1.4L USM and RF 50mm f/1.4L USM coming in Q4 as part of a "hybrid family" of L prime lenses

Sounds like you should have called yourself extraordinaryfilmmaker...
  4. T

Canon EOS R5 firmware update [CR2]

Not to mention Sony's "cleaver features" -- very useful for anyone wanting to ... er ... "butcher" their photos!
  5. T

The Canon PowerShot V100 may be next in the new series

So which lens mount will it have? If it's RF, then doesn't that automatically mean it's an EOS R camera? If it's EF-M, then doesn't that automatically mean it's an EOS M camera? And if it's EF, then doesn't that automatically mean, even though it's mirrorless, it's an EOS D camera? Don't tell...
  6. T

Canon celebrates 20th consecutive year of No. 1 share of global interchangeable-lens digital camera market

Here's to Canon celebrating 100 consecutive years of No 1 share of ILC market!
  7. T

Canon’s next RF mount camera is in the field

I think, for you, the key statement in the original post is: It is expected to be announced before November 2022. So, by November, the specs should be known, at which time you can make a decision based on specs and expected shipping dates. Can your decision wait a few months?
  8. T

Firmware: Canon EOS R5 v1.6.0 now available

On a more serious note concerning the 30 minute maximum videoclip length and Amazon as a purveyor of quality information (as well as merchandise), someone has posted a review stating that the 30 minute limit can be circumvented when the camera is connected to a PC running EOS Utility...
  9. T

Firmware: Canon EOS R5 v1.6.0 now available

Alan, you keep asserting that "tax is not the reason" and have even resorted to quoting regulations in an attempt to substantiate this opinion, but, frankly, no one is fooled by such weak arguments! The brute facts are stated here...
  10. T

Is a Canon EOS R100 coming next year? A budget EOS R APS-C camera [CR1]

Additionally, of course, we're talking here of cameras with 24 Mpx and 32 Mpx APS-C sensors, which are equivalent to taking a crop from the middle of 61 Mpx and 82 Mpx resolution Full Frame cameras respectively, so hardly "low resolution" at all! (And both higher than the Z9!)
  11. T

@derrald: Beautiful images, and a touching write-up expressing the affection that EOS M users feel for these little cameras.
  12. T

I'd like "god level of specs", too, for £500 - £700! :D Or for even less. Who wouldn't!
  13. T

On the contrary, I think EOS M users have reason to be more disgruntled than DSLR users: DSLR users are able to adapt their EF and EF-S lenses to the RF system; EOS M users cannot adapt theirs, so their loss goes deeper, it seems to me. I was under the impression that EOS M cameras (the M50 in...
  14. T

I agree (I can't see any reason not to!), but, obviously, it does leave EOS M users "high and dry" (and possibly disgruntled with the brand).
  15. T

Or possibly some sort of trade-in service, especially if EF-M lens optics get "re-born" in RF lens casings, allowing re-cycling of parts and a means of migrating EOS M users to the EOS R system. Trade-in your EF-M lens for a substantial discount on the equivalent RF lens. To make sense, the...
  16. T

The Canon RF 800mm f/5.6L IS and Canon RF 1200mm f/8L IS will be available starting May 26, 2022

Ghosting and Flare Surely, Canon could have left that feature out, making the lenses correspondingly cheaper? No barrel, pincushion, vignetting, or other distortions! No wonder they're so cheap! :LOL:
  17. T

In which country is the Canon EOS R3 the cheapest, and most expensive?

Not just photography: apparently, the German car manufacturers refer to the UK (or, more correctly, GB) as "Treasure Island". It looks like NZ is another Treasure Island. The one that surprised me is Ireland (the Republic of Ireland), because it's an EU country and the whole of the EU is a...
  18. T

Canon registered two new ILC bodies

For the uninitiated among us (ie me), how have those "facts" been determined?
  19. T

Gordon Laing from CameraLabs gives his first reviews of the new Canon gear, including the EOS R3

This, of course, is one interpretation of (recent) history, and it's one that's often put forward, almost as if it is the only possible account of events -- you could even say that those who propose it have themselves become "lazy" or "complacent" that it's the "true" account of the historical...
  20. T

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R3

What! Didn't you learn that, if you go to Pictureline in Salt Lake City, you can purchase an R3 off the shelf! :LOL: