Search results

1. M

Canon Patent Application: Ultra-wide RF 14-20mm F2.0

Take my money already!!! For some this is a niche lens ofc. For me, it's the dream astro landscape lens. And it finally might have the resolving power that the 45MP sensor deserves in UWA
  2. M

Canon RF 28-70mm f/2L USM II mentioned [CR2]

that\'s the only lens i have an emmotional connection to, it took the first photos of my children minutes after they were born... one of the first things they saw was me with this lens. Assertion: More reliant on digital corrections esp. at the wide end Implications: 1. similar at the WIDE...
  3. M

A look at the Canon RF 24-105 F2.8L IS USM Z MTF

quite curious to see how it carries on a PD capture clip. broadly with the 28-70 without battery grip its not acceptable. and too heavy for the belt. my wife would not hike with me if i'd carry a cotton carrier ;)
  4. M

A look at the Canon RF 24-105 F2.8L IS USM Z MTF

I've compared my beloved 28-70 f2 with my 24-105 F4 at 105/cropped (also with the 100 macro and the 100-500) at 10m or so distance. --> 28-70 is significantly sharper even cropped! and that's about ~105 F3. however i full acknowledge that that's photo centric and for video cropping is...
  5. M

Canon RF 10-20mm f/4L USM announcement tonight

NPF formula gives you 12.85s exposures for spot stars on the R5 at 10mm; 9.9s at 13mm; 6.47s at 20mm Isn’t that a lot of light you can gather per exposure? 11-24mm great deals all around as people aren’t using it enough it seems. 10-20mm I think opens up narrow city shots and awesome group...
  6. M

Canon Patent Application: High Precision AF for Tilt / Shift Lenses

yes, just like digital photography makes you take photos more opportunistic as opposed to deliberate film photography ;) but jokes aside - i think Canon is looking for things that your smartphone can never do at this point. hence theyre trying to make exotic lenses accessible through simple...
  7. M

Yes, it’s fine for Astro as plenty of folks use the 11-24 with great success, and this one is wider for ultimate star trails and full Milky Way shots! It looks stunning for vlogging!!! Like a GoPro but not puked out. Indoor people in tight spaces, I’m using iPhone ultra wide which is ~13mm very...
  8. M

looks to be fantastic: - wider - much more compact - much lighter - IS I wasn’t a 11-24 user, because the focal range is not worth using a much bigger backpack for me. This might change the equation. Single line panorama with a 28-70 is ~17-18mm - but it’s often not wide enough for cities or...
  9. M

There are jints of a version II of a current RF lens coming in 2024 [CR2]

i haven't seen Canon updating non-L lenses, anyone has any examples?
  10. M

There are jints of a version II of a current RF lens coming in 2024 [CR2]

I think it does make sense. Sony\'s mark II version of their pro lenses esp. 70-200 2.8 and 16-35 2.8 and their 50mm 1.2 (mark I) tend to edge out Canon\'s then market leading lenses with size/weight and optical performance. If Canon wants to claim the crown on those lenses, which are likely a...
  11. M

Canon EOS R5 Mark II Specification make the rounds

both perceived and actual noise will go down. if it was an arbitrary resolution downsample, you could imagine it like photoshop downsampling an image - this will be based on a compression algorithm though which could affect IQ by an imperceptible amount. But it's not an arbitrary downsample...
  12. M

Canon EOS R5 Mark II Specification make the rounds

Specs look good. R5 is pretty much perfect for my use cases. this looks to address a couple of real world minor painpoints: - dynamic range could be better --> BSI sensor - electronic shutter being all too compromised, both in high iso as well as moving subjects --> much faster readout - below...
  13. M

New type of teleconverter coming from Canon alongside a Supertelephoto zoom

the TC for people who don't like TCs - because changing is cumbersome and exposes the sensor (esp. desert, beach / seafront, snowstorm, rain) i'll definitely check it out!
  14. M

It’s time to fill those memory cards. Canon releases firmware v1.8.1 for the Canon EOS R5. 400mp stills are now possible

Now I just have to find a basement on the country side to try it out! My friend works at LIGO detecting graviational waves - maybe thats still enough to take a picture? Agreed with the above, hope there's more to come: I don't mind having features drip fed at all.
  15. M

Canon EOS R8 specifications

I can imagine that this is a video centric camera, clog3 indicates so. if so: - viewfinder doesn\'t matter nearly as much - RP viewfinder wasn\'t a selling point to me either way - 40 frames a second - does it need a mechanical shutter if streamlined for video? - no IBIS? many vlogging cams...
  16. M

Stock Notice: Canon RF 28-70mm f/2L USM at Adorama

I have the 28-70 f2 since 2019 :O. I cannot stand the 24-105 looks on the R5, all the imperfections show. I run around without a camera bag, these days or take the battery grip off and just put it in a peak design 5L. Or I swap the 100-500L in the PD 5L. I’ve regretted every time that I only...
  17. M

Canon will release an RF mount ‘vlogging’ camera in 2022 [CR3]

Imagine... Canon could be the first one who actually makes a mid range vlogging cam. 12MP 4k, IBIS, good codecs, good autofocus, flip screen, tally light, digital audio in via hotshoe ...basically A7S3 but 3 years later and half the price and without the stupid ultra high end EVF.
  18. M

Are new dream lenses coming for the RF mount? [CR1]

astro wide angle lenses: the designs discussed for years esp. the 14-28 F2... heck i'd even take a 14-22 F2 at this point 15-35 F2.8 image is just not exciting
  19. M

Industry News: Fujifilm announces the XF 150-600mm f/5.6-8 R LM OIS WR & XF 18-120mm f/4 R LM PZ

Canon definitely created huge buzz for wildlife with animal eye detect and 600 f11. Now everyone is trying a different approach and consumers definitely win. The lens looks the game; also quite extreme long range at 900mm equivalent. 2.4m mfd and 225mm short end are big counters.. if it’s also...
  20. M

Is Canon actually going to launch RF-S lenses alongside the Canon EOS R7?

What no one has mentioned is that we already have a crop factor RF camera: the C70! What i would conclude is that it doesn't make sense to have consumer zoom lenses for the R7 and C70: The R7 being somewhere between R6/R5 in size is not a compact camera, so no one would come up with the idea...