Search results

1. A

New Canon EOS R3 orders may take up to 6 months to fulfill

Yes, actually you are right. So you could get a VAT refund then, but if the store cannot sell abroad, you'll have to do it at the border. I do (also) have an EU passport, but I never tried that myself. My point is that even if you buy it in Switzerland and bring it to EU, it will be cheaper than...
  2. A

I perfectly know that, but the only fact to be a CPS member (which is supposed to have an international coverage, considering that the photo pros travel worldwide, even it covers only the commercial region of the member, e.g.: NA, EMEA, APAC) *seems* to give a priority. At least, in my case. For...
  3. A

Why isn't correct ? I was talking about Switzerland and Austria, two neighboring countries in the same customs zone. Of course B&H refuses to sell the R5 to customers with an Australian address: Canon wants Australians to buy their products from Australian retailers.
  4. A

That is exactly I was talking about: a US-based store is prohibited by Canon to ship to EU and vice versa. Both being part of Schengen zone, there is no import duty to pay. That also means that there is no VAT refund, but it does not matter as long as the final price, including the plane...
  5. A

They don't have the right to do so Also, the price in each country seems to be different as well. For example, when 1DX3 has been released, it was much cheaper to fly from Vienna to Zürich and to buy it there. So maybe you might want to call a camera store in Geneva and ask, who knows...
  6. A

Same here, in Canada. But there was no gift this time (512G CF card, CF reader and a spare battery were offered for purchasing a 1Dx3).
  7. A

Maybe it also depends on the market size and NA has placed more pre-orders than EMEA, I really don't know. My (pretty big) retailer told me that the delivery priority was also depending on how many preorders a country or a shop had received. Also, I've pre-ordered a 28-70 f2 and received both at...
  8. A

I've received my pre-order the same day, on Nov 26th. Tip: sign up for your free CPS membership on https://www.canon-europe.com/pro/canon-professional-services because it seems that Canon serves CPS members first.
  9. A

Stock Notice: Canon EOS R3 at Canon USA Store

Long story short: it does work. Maybe less accurate than I've expected when I've used it for the first time, but it really does. Hopefully, with more calibration (you have to train the body) and the optional eyecup (out-of-stock right now), it will become even more accurate.
  10. A

Stock Notice: Canon EOS R3 at Canon USA Store

Got my preorder the same day (on Friday afternoon), but Canon ER-hE Eyecup (SKU: 4897C001) is out of stock. FWIW, when I was pre-ordering, they asked me to provide my CPS number (It seems that CPS members' pre-orders are fulfilled first). I got mine on...
  11. A

The Canon EF 1200mm f/5.6L USM sells for a record €500,000 at auction

Sorry for a dumb question, but...why bother ? I mean that for private investigators and paparazzi, a Nikon Coolpix P1000 is much smaller, lighter, cheaper and 3000mm, especially if the picture quality at 1200mm is pretty much the same as Nikon P1000's at 3000mm (they don't really care about...
  12. A

The Canon EOS R3 will cost €6099, still waiting on USD pricing

I am planning to switch to RF mount. Should I trade-in my 1DX3 now or wait for R1 ?
  13. A

The Canon EOS R3 will be 24mp, confirmed by EXIF data

Sure, buy why bother ?
  14. A

Canon officially announces the RF 50mm f/1.8 STM and the RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM

I saw the review and some sample pictures on Canon USA YouTube channel and, I don’t know why, but I was not impressed : either because of the quality of the video, either because of the image quality produced by the lenses. I hope that someone will share his real world impressions.
  15. A

Here is the Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM

Indeed, when you have the best-in-class gear, you have only yourself to blame if the result is not as expected. :)
  16. A

Maybe, but I have just checked his website, the gear section: he is using the f2.8 version... ;)
  17. A

It is my own personal rule based on my own (bad) experience and everyone is free to have his own ones. I personally prefer to delay my purchase if I really cannot afford it, instead of buying something cheaper and regretting my choice every single time while I'll be using it.
  18. A

Indeed, it is very disappointing (I've just read an article about that: I'm still using EF mount body so I don't have this problem yet).
  19. A

The AF is supposed to still be working at f/8, no ? If it is f/5.6, then you might use a 1.4x one...
  20. A

You are absolutely right about hiking: I never walk too far from my car. :) I am just wondering how much this stop might save money and/or weight and whether it's worth it from image quality perspective. We'll see.