Search results

1. A

Hoya VS Tiffen

I'm in need of purchasing an ND filter. Will mostly be used for video and not sure which has the highest quality image, with the less color cast. I'd rather a variable ND or I'd have to purchase 3 or so different ND's to fulfill my range. With that being said, would I be better going with the...
  2. A

questions in regards to stabilizers for traveling

I will be doing some traveling with my 5d Mark IV. I'm looking for members opinions in regards to ways to stabalize my shots 1. What is a good quality tripod to purchase that won't break the bank, but is sturdy that I can purchase and pack in my suitcase for traveling. Had a cheap $20 tripod...
  3. A

Sending in 5D Mark IV & lenses for C-log upgrade

For those of you who have sent in your 5D Mark IV for the C-log upgrade, how did you go about packaging it, and which mail carrier did you send it through? Also, I'm thinking about sending in my lenses with my camera as well as my 85mm 1.2 L II has some bad focus issues and needs calibration so...
  4. A

Warranty card needed for repairs?

I have a question, now I understand that grey market items are not "supposed" to be serviced by canon, yet in most cases they seem to do the warranty repairs on these. I purchased a new 5d Mark IV a while ago that came without a warranty card in the box. my question is, when canon repairs does...
  5. A

good printer?

What is a good printer that can print sizable photos in great quality, but can also print regular papers? I need a printer asap for my photo work work and for printing documentation
  6. A

Cheaper canon lenses?

I remember a few years ago reading about how canon was giving like 30% off of gear if you sent in an old canon product(could be old broken camera or whatever). Does canon still do this? I searched for it, but apparently couldn't figure out the right term to pull up anything in relation to what...
  7. A

Deals on gear

What is the best deal that you have seen on the 5D Mark IV & Sigmar Art 18-35mm lesn? I am interested in purchasing the both of these if they can be found for the right price. Any ideas?
  8. A

LOWEST PRICE EVER: 5D Mark III $1999

Getitdigital now has the 5D3 listed at $1999 on ebay :-O http://www.ebay.com/itm/151109057831?item=151109057831&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466&rmvSB=true
  9. A

Notfied of pricing?

Anyway to get notified when one of the companies (even big value inc) have a 5d3 for one of those unbeatable prices? I sold my gear and would like to purchase again. I want a 5D3 and a 24-105, but I want a price that I can't turn away from (like $650 for the 24-105 and 2500-2550 for the 5D3) I...
  10. A

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAA!

I was contemplating buying a monitor for focus or whatnot. I was thinking small hd. Instea of doing that, I thought I'd try the cheap way out first. So, I went to my nearest electronic store and picked up a Nexus 7 16GB for $169.99 Then I searched for HOURS to find a micro USB to female USB A...
  11. A

Live View on tablets

Does anyone own an android tablet that allows you to hook up your canon and view the cameras Live view on the tablets display? If so, how are you hooking it up? Usb or HDMI? Is it easy and clear to focus Also, what is the lag time? Last, if you are using Magic Lantern on your camera, how is it...
  12. A

Magic Lantern... CONTINUOUS raw recording @ 24fps on 5D3

Go Magic Lantern!!! http://www.redsharknews.com/technology/item/713-massive-magic-landern-breakthough-1080p-raw-video-on-canon-eos-dslrs
  13. A

Just bought a 17-40mm F4 L

What are some things that I should check out to be sure that everything is working as should? What are good ways the clean the focus and zoom dials(has like a white residue stuff maybe rain/sweat) Seems to be good to me. Don't notice any scratches or cracks Asking price was $550, talked him...
  14. A

Finally!

I got a red ring. My first 'L' glass 70-200mm F4 L (non IS)
  15. A

Good, well priced monitor?

What is a good, well priced(less than $800 the cheaper the better. Just no trash) monitor that I can purchase? I am using the 5d3 and would like it to have an HDMI input(with 720P playback while recording) as well as the ability to see different crop modes(2.35:1 needed), focus peaking wouldn't...
  16. A

5d3 2.35:1 crop

Im looking to create a few videos with the 5d3. My question is, when Im in Adobe Premiere I would like it to have the crop with the black bars on top and bottom(2.35:1 crop) To get this crop, I must export with width=1440 and height=1080. When this is done, part of the video gets chopped off. My...
  17. A

kit 24-105L Price

Whats a good purchase price for the kit lens that comes with the 5d3? I see many can be purchased for about $800. What would be a price that everyone here would believe it to be a MUST BUY?
  18. A

5d3 Picture styles

Is there anyway to seperate the 5d3 picture styles? If I were to use neutral with sharpness turned down while shooting video, is it poossible that once I switch back to images that the neutral style can have different settings?
  19. A

5d3 questions and help thread

Ok so I keep getting questions about this new sophisticated camera that I have here. Only thing is, I didn't want to start an entire thread each time. So here's a topic that everyone can ask questions in regards to the usage of this camera and hopefully we can get some help to those in need(like...
  20. A

Batteries....

I''ve heard that there was an online retailer on amazon selling fake batteries for the 5d3. Well, theres someone selling the batteries for an ok price in my city on craigslist. They are brand new in unopened packages. With that said, how can I verify their authenticity?