Search results

1. mrsfotografie

SmallRig announces LP-E6NH battery for Canon, priced at $39.99 USD.

I think the Smallrig battery is likely the same product as this (or a Chinese copy thereof): https://mathorn.com/ultimate-batteries/mb-202/ from Poland. I've been using the slightly older Mathorn type: https://mathorn.com/standard-batteries/mb-201/ for nearly half a year now and it's a good...
  2. mrsfotografie

Simmod Lenses world first – A re-manufactured rear element for a Canon FD 85mm f1.2 L

Good point. I had a Canon Eg-S Super Precision Matte Focusing Screen in a 5DMk2 and even with that it was a struggle to manually nail focus with anything faster than f/2.8. On the Mk3 just have to rely purely on AF confirmation but that rules out 'dumb' lenses without an Exif/AF chip. (I modded...
  3. mrsfotografie

Simmod Lenses world first – A re-manufactured rear element for a Canon FD 85mm f1.2 L

Nice mod, but with the RF mount you can simply use an FD-RF mount converter and be done with it without any modification to that precious old glass?
  4. mrsfotografie

Patent: 360 degree camera from Canon

It reminds me of 'The Circle (2017)'... https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4287320/
  5. mrsfotografie

Review: Canon EOS 6D Mark II by DPReview

Re: won't upgrade to it EF-S lenses and that Sigma 18-35 won't work on a full frame body so your Canon investment would mean your logical upgrade path would be an APS-C body (7DMkII). Only your flash and 50mm f/1.4 can be used on a 6D Mk II and because you would have to change most of your...
  6. mrsfotografie

Is this you in the Shanghai smogscape?

Fortunately Shanghai is not always smoggy, at least it was clear when I was there in 2015 :) Here's some pano's I processed recently. Almost done editing pics from my China trip more than a year later... Got some strong magnets there! ;D :o
  7. mrsfotografie

Review: Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM

If I need range and versatility, I'll grab my 70-300L which is not f/4 at the long end but delivers excellent image quality even when used wide open. I found my 100-400L Mk I to be disappointing in comparison to the 70-300L, and when I invested in a 2x MkIII to make my 70-200 L IS II go to 400...
  8. mrsfotografie

70-200/2.8 + 1.4x = 98-280/4 70-200/2.8 + 2.0x = 140-400/5.6 ;)
  9. mrsfotografie

That can be really useful for travel purposes. I don't usually take the best and biggest with me when I travel and it can be comforting to reduce the total weight and value of the equipment you carry depending on the destination. In this way I have a compliment of lenses that I consider my...
  10. mrsfotografie

+1. This one's off my list of potentially good lightweight travel lenses. Looks like Tamron will have continuing success selling the 70-300 VD USD.
  11. mrsfotografie

Your favourite motorsports events

Awesome!
  12. mrsfotografie

Patent: What the Digital Display on the Upcoming EF 70-300 f/4-5.6 IS II Might Look Like

I get that with nano USM, the LCD screen is a great way to get distance info in an otherwise mechanically uncoupled system. But ff crop conversion factors and shake indication? That's just dumb adding of useless features.
  13. mrsfotografie

Capture High-Quality Action Shots and Video From Afar with the New Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 IS II

Re: Capture High-Quality Action Shots and Video From Afar with the New Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 I aha ;D
  14. mrsfotografie

Cool, I like 'crude' motorsports 8)
  15. mrsfotografie

Capture High-Quality Action Shots and Video From Afar with the New Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 IS II

Re: Capture High-Quality Action Shots and Video From Afar with the New Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 I Nice upgrade, but does anybody see the sense of the LCD screen?
  16. mrsfotografie

Thank you for your kind comments. To add to the diversity (and your entertainment), here's a few from an event (mayhem is a better word) I had the pleasure of running into, rather unexpectedly I might add. These were shot using my Sony α6000 and 55-210 OSS which I had with me at the time.
  17. mrsfotografie

I saw an old post here about Tractor Pulling, well... I shoot that too :) These were all taken with my 70-300L and 5DMkIII.
  18. mrsfotografie

Some shots I made last weekend at the Gamma Racing Days in Assen, the Netherlands that I'd like to share. It was the first time using my brand new Sigma 150-600 Sports on my 5DMkIII. I luckily found a good new spot on a remote location of the track that gave good results with the strong sunlight...
  19. mrsfotografie

Speedlite 430EX III-RT and 270EX II as slave, can't get it to work?

Thanks ajfotofilmagem, in this light I now read the manual differently. I somehow understood it functioned both as RF and optical master. old-pr-pix, It's a bit of a bummer that the 430EXIII RT doesn't work as an optical master, but it's not an option I will be likely to use. I was...