Search results

1. Krob78

5D Mk III - Dead Pixels, sending it to CPS for repair...

So my 5D MkIII has been revealing stuck/dead/hot pixels in my images... Thought I could re-map it myself and called CPS to advise me on the best method. Interestingly and unexpectedly, they told me to send it in for regular maintenance and that they would fix it! They said that I can't fix it...
  2. Krob78

To join CPS or not to join? Should I do so before I send in my EF 100-400mm?

I'll be shipping my EF 100-400mm f/4.0-5.6L IS USM off for repair work this week. It's not been under warranty for several years now. When I hit my AF (rear button focus), I can see the center point being pulled down as I look thru the viewfinder, it seems to click and keeps trying to...
  3. Krob78

Help with Bird ID?

Hi, hoping someone can assist with positive id for this bird. My best guess is that it is either a Western Kingbird or a Cassin's Kingbird. They appear to be very similar to me and I'm not sure I can properly Id the bird. The Cassin's Kingbird is rare here in Central Florida, they've been...
  4. Krob78

Moving on from my 7D to 5D MK III 24-70mm, 24-105mm or prime

Okay, I"m thrilled to have finally received my 5D MK III! Coming from my 7D I have some of the longer focal lengths covered, 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II and the legendary 100-400mm L. Most of my wider lenses are EF-s Lenses like my wonderful EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8... I need some wider glass for my 5D...