Search results

1. K

The Sad Truth About Canon's Future?

At least two things haven't changed since then: the notion of being good enough for the job and the desire of telemarketers to sell stuff people don't really need. But at least one thing has changed: now telemarketers are able to specifically target their victims based on the victim's search...
  2. K

A fourth unreleased Canon camera has appeared for certification

Long story or short, but 5D mark II was definitely a success.
  3. K

image.canon 10GB service will be terminated on October 31, 2024

Not Canon's. QNAPs. Can't you configure your camera to send the CR3 files onto your NAS directly via FTP(S)?
  4. K

image.canon 10GB service will be terminated on October 31, 2024

Do you really need an app for that? Isn't the camera's built-in FTP transport enough?
  5. K

Canon R5 Back Button Experience and (failure)

Are you by any chance using "Scene Intelligent Auto" (A+) shooting mode? If so, stop doing it.
  6. K

Canon R5 Back Button Experience and (failure)

When you set up your AF back button, pay attention to the "INFO: Detail set." hint.
  7. K

Canon’s upcoming announcements recap

Configurable AF zones with tracking? R3 start button/smart controller? Flash-compatible 14-bit electronic shutter? Built-in GPS module?
  8. K

Canon EOS R5 Mark II will ship in June or July

What are you doing in this thread then?
  9. K

CP+ showed a shifting focus

I would rather prefer if it didn't kill Canon to add the R6II AF methods to the R5 via a firmware update.
  10. K

CP+ showed a shifting focus

Personally, I don't see why photo enthusiasts should be divided by gender.
  11. K

Canon EOS R5 Firmware v2.0.0 Released

Custom mode resets to its programmed default after camera turns off due to inactivity?
  12. K

From my limited experience, I would consider a beginner that wants an f/2.8 zoom a rarity. I personally don't recall ever seeing one.
  13. K

Maybe they have no way of calling it 1.10.
  14. K

Did they test the camera by themselves? Are you sure it's not defective?
  15. K

What did Canon service say about it?
  16. K

Maybe it means that exFAT filesystem cluster sizes larger than 512 KB weren't and still aren't supported, but now you can format a filesystem just on a 2 TB part of the card space, if otherwise the filesystem cluster size would be too large for the camera to work.
  17. K

These days, I would not recommend as a walkaround zoom to a beginner photographer a FF lens that cannot cover 24mm. Definitely not "for 200$ more".
  18. K

What do you use the control ring for? Is it worth the extra cost between the two EF adapters?

I use it with R5 and EF 100-400 II to switch between default focus areas. Would be not useful if you do back button focus with predefined focus areas. And if you keep it pressed for longer than 3 seconds, it resets aperture, shutter speed, and ISO to auto, and exposure compensation to 0... or...
  19. K

Fixed lens “Retro” camera coming from Canon?

EOS R50 is currently at the first place: https://www.yodobashi.com/category/19055/19056/200003/ranking/ So, what does that tell us?