Search results

1. A

Reliable CFast cards for 1D X Mark II

Hi, Been searching around a bit trying to decide which CFast cards to get for the 1D X Mark II. I've always used SanDisk CF and SD cards in all my cameras, but seems like there's been quite a few reliability problems with their CFast cards. Started looking into Lexar and sure enough there are...
  2. A

How noisy is the IS motor of the 70-200mm F/4L IS USM?

Hi guys I'm going to purchase a 70-200 lens that I will use for video work. IS is a must, but I don't really need F/2.8 and the extra weight. However it's been mentioned several places on the net that the IS motor in the 70-200mm F/4 IS USM is very noisy. I will be having a shotgun mic mounted...
  3. A

Looking for advice regarding ring flashes

Hi guys For a few days now I've been thinking about maybe adding a ring flash to my kit. I have experience with lighting in general but I've never used a ring flash, so I thought I'd ask if anyone here would be so kind and chime in with a few tips or some advice. I'm looking to use the ring...
  4. A

Recommendations for day hike backpack?

Hi guys I'm looking to purchase a backpack to use mainly for day hikes, and to use as a carry-on when I travel by air. I've been looking at the F-Stop Guru with a small shallow ICU, and while it looks great I'm not completely sold on it. I don't like that the hip belt cannot be removed and it...
  5. A

If you could only use one lens for landscape photography, which one and why?

Hi guys For all you out there doing landscape photography; I'm very interested in hearing about what would be your choice if you could only use one lens for shooting landscapes. Whether it would be a super wide angle, telephoto, something in between, zoom, prime, or maybe a specialty lens such...
  6. A

Telezoom for landscape: 70-300 F4-5.6L IS, 70-200 F/4L or 70-200 F/4L IS

Hi guys I'm trying to decide on a telezoom that I will be using for landscape photography. I shoot on a tripod whenever possible, and mostly stopped down to the lens' optimal aperture. The lens will be with me in my backpack whenever I go out to photograph, so size and weight is also of...
  7. A

Downgrading my equipment - looking for advice

I fell down some stairs a few weeks ago and hit my head pretty bad. Now I'm in the process of reducing and downgrading my camera gear collection. My issue is that I have all this great and expensive gear, but I feel that most of the time it's a complete overkill. I have come to realise that...