Search results

1. A

Canon officially announces the RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM

I thought I would buy this lens right away, but with this price and for my amateur usage, I guess I’ll keep using my Iphone’s 13mm f/20 (32mm equivalent I believe) 12mp camera for ultra-wide needs for some more time.
  2. A

Here is the Canon RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM

Indeed.
  3. A

Yes, perhaps even slightly smaller, difficult to tell.
  4. A

That's going to sell well.
  5. A

SIGMA to start producing RF mount lenses in 2021

Not on the 50-100 1.8 DC Art for Canon, at least not on the copy I had and which I had this problem with. But if that’s just the exception to the rule, then no worries for coming RF zooms then.
  6. A

SIGMA to start producing RF mount lenses in 2021

For Sigma RF zoom lenses, I wish that zoom rotation direction is the Canon way and not the Nikon way. When shooting fast sports with a “wrong way” Sigma zoom, I always struggled to achieve good flow and couldn’t stand it in the long run. It was like trying to ride one of those impossible...
  7. A

Review: Canon RF 85mm f/2 IS STM by TDP

Thanks for sharing that experience. Somewhat encouraging after all.
  8. A

Review: Canon RF 85mm f/2 IS STM by TDP

The EF 1.8 USM predecessor is good at indoor sports. Is this new RF STM version worse at that? Auto focus speed is, according to that review, “reasonably fast”, and “slow” at long focus distance changes. Is Canon thinking that indoor sports is covered in RF world by 2.8 zooms, or will the RF...
  9. A

Is the EOS 7D Mark II the last in the 7D series? We’re told that it is [CR1]

I am into amateur sports and would not accept less than 10 fps. Using mostly Sigma 50-100 and 50-150, and the 10-22 and 17-55. 1D plus a few matching lenses is way too expensive for my purposes. I am hoping that whatever supersedes the 7DII, won't mean that I have to buy a completely new camera...
  10. A

New Canon EF-S Wide Angle Prime Announcement Coming April 5

It seems to me too that they don't get much smaller or cheaper at least for tele range. But isn't that different on the wide side? And again, since the body difference is $2000, lenses don't need to be that much cheaper. Primes are certainly good for indoor sports. I have used 50 1.4 and 85...
  11. A

Indeed, maybe Canon need to up their marketing. The crop cameras can handle f/2.8 indoor sports ISO, but lights are often so dim that you are stretching into somewhat grainy pictures. Additionally, if you could have some extra background separation that's just great. These faster lenses aren't...
  12. A

Review: Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II

I find this camera size to be the best gap filler between a phone camera and a DSLR, due to it being just pocket sized. That's based on my own jeans pockets :) Would be interesting to know if that reflects general sales figures for the different camera sizes. Is there any higher-performance...
  13. A

Yes they do, because there is not much else available... You can take fantastic sports photos with an ultra wide angle lens. But now it's the 10-22 with its f/3.5 at the wide end, and that's doable but indoors you need to push ISO so much that you really wish for something faster. The bunch of...
  14. A

I recall Scott Kelby's conclusion about the essence of the 7D2: making it possible for parents to take really good sports photos without having to pay pro gear price. But it certainly starts to look like Canon see it differently. They may now basically be targeting semi-pro daytime birders...
  15. A

You are probably right. They are stretches if affordable, but Canon seem to haven't tried hard with crop lenses for a long time so I figured if they now have, then who knows.
  16. A

EF-S 8/1.8 USM would be cool. Like UltraWide GoPro and EF 14 on FF. EF-S 15/1.2 USM would also be welcomed. Wouldn't any f/2.8 be quite boring?
  17. A

The Next Lens from Canon Will be an EF-S Prime

DC 30 1.4 and DX 35 1.8 are relatively small, light, and affordable. There may be plenty of room for refining such designs to a bit higher speed and quality level without tripling the price. Canon didn't make a good short tele zoom for crop range, and probably by perfectly good business sense...
  18. A

The Next Lens from Canon Will be an EF-S Prime

EF-S 10mm f/1.4 EF-S 15mm f/1.2 EF-S 22mm f/1.2 EF-S 35mm f/1.2 EF-S 50mm f/1.2 EF-S 80mm f/1.2 Because budget limited enthusiasts wanting an really good camera and a range of really good lenses, may see that the price for an FF system is too high for them, while a crop system still gives...
  19. A

Canon EOS 7D Mark II Related Announcements Coming for Photokina [CR2]

720p is a good balance between quality and space, for my usage. And I need autofocus. The fact that 1080p60 is available but without AF I think suggests some sort of fundamental limitation. 1080p120 with AF therefore feels beyond dreaming. But I wouldn't say no thanks.
  20. A

Canon EOS 7D Mark II Related Announcements Coming for Photokina [CR2]

The one thing I miss on my 7D2 is 720p100/120 video, for sports slow motion. I guess I can only dream of that type of upgrade from new firmware.