Search results

1. F

Broncolor Derivative

I recently encountered an old pack/heads system at a camera show that used Broncolor sockets for attaching the heads to the pack. The owner told me that it was made in France a while ago. I can't remember the name of the manufacturer. In my head it starts with "Godo...", but all I can think of...
  2. F

50$ monolights

Hey folks, I just received wind from Adorama that they launched some new monolights. Price is ridiculously low, starting at 50$ for a 120Ws model. There's gotta be a catch somewhere I figure. I almost feel like trying a couple out just to see what they really are. I mean, for 50$ each...
  3. F

EF mount vs F mount and adapter

Hello, guys. I'm really looking into the Samyang/Bower/Rokinon manual lenses and I was wondering if there was any disadvantages in using a 35$ F to EF mount adapter from B&H and getting the Nikon F mount version of the lens. The reason behind this is that I have old Nikon film cameras and it...
  4. F

Manfrotto 055 vs 190, 498 vs 496

Hey folks, I'm in the market for a decent tripod without breaking the bank. Since I made the switch to full frame, everything is heavier and my old Manfrotto compact just doesn't cut it anymore. Now I have a few options in front of me: the 055XPROB vs the 190XPROB and the 498RC2 vs the 496RC2...
  5. F

Yongnuo flash sync

Hi, I currently have a 600EX-RT that I use with my yongnuo YN-622C triggers and they work great. I am wondering if the YN 560 II flashes will be controllable from my 5D2 through more YN-622C units (I still work on full manual), or is it only the twice as expensive YN-565EX that work that way...
  6. F

5D Mark II triggering 2 flashes

Hi, I have a 5D Mark II and a 580EX II that i've always used on TTL with a cord. Now I am wondering if it's possible to mount a 430EX II on the hotshoe and have my 580 triggered through the PC all at the same time, while conserving TTL on my 430? Thanks!
  7. F

85 1.8 vs Zeiss 85 1.4

I recently tried the Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 manual focus lens, and I must say, it is stunningly unique. Unfortunately, I would have liked to compare that lens to the EF 85mm 1.8, but none of the rental places in my area seem to have it (they only have the 85L apparently... :o ). So I was just...
  8. F

580EX II end of life?

Hey folks, I'm in the market to get my first Canon hotshoe flashgun and I'm wondering if the 580EX II will be gone soon. I have a 5D Mark II and I'm looking into the 430 and the 580 right now. At the moment, I won't be needing the wireless master of the 580, but probably will in the future. So I...
  9. F

5D Mark II price

Hi, I was about to buy a 5D Mark II kit with the 24-105 from B&H yesterday and noticed that the price went up quite a bit from 2600 to 2800 and it seems to hit everywhere. Any idea if it's ever gonna come down (black friday, christmas, ...) or if it's gonna run out of stock any time soon? I...