Search results

1. D

Venice Carnival - any experience?

I was lucky enough to go to the Venice Carnival in 2012, from the first Tuesday to Saturday. The costumes were fantastic, but it could be like a paparazzi scrum around each person who had dressed up, with both serious photographers and those saluting with their cameraphones - particularly in St...
  2. D

Ordnance Survey Photographic Competition

Out of interest, for anyone who has taken photographs in the UK, a new photographic competition has been announced by the Ordnance Survey, called the "National Map Cover Competition". It is what it says - a competition to find the next set of photographs to use on the covers of the Ordnance...
  3. D

Forum posts on front page - suggestion

Just a thought - but would it be worth while creating a new group of post topics on the Canon rumors front page that picks up the most popular topics overall - off the top of my head, I'm thinking 'show your bird portraits', 'post your best landscapes', 'show your HDR images' as perennially...
  4. D

What will be your next lens - and can you post a photo to explain why?

We all have different reasons for the lenses we choose to buy - some prefer fast lenses, some image stabilised, some go for weight - and some for price. We all have in our minds what our "next lens" will be - but I was wondering what is determining your choice - and whether you can illustrate...