Search results

1. scottkinfw

Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM next from Canon

Glad you posted this- I feel the same way. I just don't see this lens at this price point as something I would want. Another consideration is weight. When going on the plane, there is a weight limit, which means we must limit what we can bring. For me, it is always what I have to leave...
  2. scottkinfw

Travel tripods and the best light weight gimbal head?

Magnificent pics!
  3. scottkinfw

More features coming to Canon EOS R5 in future firmware [CR2]

I followed all the instructions, set the camera down and then started the update- no problem here!
  4. scottkinfw

Canon R5 1.8.1

OK. So I have read comments regarding the new EOS R5 Firmware Update, Version 1.7.0 [macOS] and the firmware for the R5. I downloaded it. I don't see any real. benefit, at least for me. Anyone and e everyone who has downloaded the update, please share with all of us your experience with...
  5. scottkinfw

Don't sell yourself short. I'm 65 and I carry a lot of gear hiking up mountains, etc. I'm trekking up a Rwanda mountain in June to shoot Mountain Gorillas! So stay in shape so you can stay mobile and shoot!
  6. scottkinfw

I was supposed to have received it already, but there is a delay in production, so I'm supposed to get it in April. I have been burned by Indiegogo before, so I hope this won't be another scam. I'm wanting to have it prior to the end of June for a trip. Please check back in May- hopefully...
  7. scottkinfw

The Canon EOS R5 Mark II coming in Q2, 2023? [CR2]

Make it a good update to MkI, and make it available by June! I'm in.
  8. scottkinfw

The Canon EOS R5 Mark II coming in Q2, 2023? [CR2]

Why would they want to allow charging when they can charge for a brick to do it like they do currently(one C connector)
  9. scottkinfw

I don't think it is a "ripoff". I have the Peak Design tripod and don't like it because it is very flimsy. This tripod seems rather a next generation in the tripod's evolution. I purchased one and hopefully, it will be as stable as promised.
  10. scottkinfw

I just came across this tripod on Kickstarter and Indiegogo (HEIPI: The Most Compact 3-in-1 Travel Tripod) and it looks great! Anybody have one and would like to give comments? Also, I have a Wimberly Wimberley Head® - Version II which I love, but as I am getting older, I need to lighten the...
  11. scottkinfw

Goblin Valley State Park and scene along the way

Very nice! Makes me want to go!
  12. scottkinfw

Show your Bird Portraits

13. scottkinfw

Show your Bird Portraits

14. scottkinfw

Show your Bird Portraits

Duck landing on water
  15. scottkinfw

Backcountry Journeys

My Question is how are they as a company for photographers? Do they give a great tour? Do they take care of the clients, etc.? Thx. sek
  16. scottkinfw

Backcountry Journeys

Anybody have any experience with them? I am booking on a trip to Rawanda to photograph gorillas. Thanks. sek
  17. scottkinfw

Nikon Releases Z 800mm at 1/3 Cost of Canon’s

Anybody know if there is an adapter for this? Shame on you, greedy Canon!
  18. scottkinfw

Big Bend or Palo Duro Canyon in Texas- Anybody with experience?

I am planning a trip end of October and need to choose between the two. Anybody familiar with these two Texas areas and can give me suggestions as to shooting spots, and or maybe a reliable photography tour guide? Thank you. scott