Search results

1. R

Is the canon eos-m a dead end system?

It is very much dead, at least until Canon brings it to the same level as other mirrorless systems from Sony, Fuji, e.t.c Canon is of course terrified of making a serious mirrorless camera like the A7R. They don't want to hurt the sales of their DSLR's.
  2. R

Reco for High MP body and lenses for landscapes?

Another vote for the A7R. Get the metabones adapter and you are all set! The A7R is the best thing that happened to Canon users since the 5D2. :P It is not just the high resolution, but also the rich deep RAW files it produces. Loads of dynamic range to work with! And no shadow banding.
  3. R

What's Next from Canon?

Slightly, and only on higher ISO levels. When it comes to base ISO (where most people shoot most of their photos), SoNikon completely destroys Canon's ancient sensors in terms of pure IQ and dynamic range. Canon hasn't even gotten rid of the dreadful shadow banding yet. Wtf? :P Canon is only...
  4. R

More Product Confirmations for CP+

lol +1 :'(
  5. R

What to Expect From Canon For CP+ Next Week

I too would love to see a kickass FF mirrorless camera from Canon. But they won't be blowing anything away with their current sensor tech. Just look at the A7R from Sony. It trumps everything Canon has in terms of pure IQ. When the day comes when Canon manages to bring out a brand new sensor...
  6. R

Lens Announcement Coming in February? [CR1]

Year of the lens - brought to you by Sigma. Year of the sensor - brought to you by Sony. Year of the mirrorless - brought to you by Fuji, Sony and Olympus. Year of the printers and special edition powershots - brought to you by "you know who".
  7. R

Will I jump ship to " Sony Alphe a7R " for 36 MP camera ?

I fully agree. I waited and waited and waited, but Canon did not deliver. I bought the A7R a couple of weeks ago and I could not be happier. The resolution, dynamic range and overall IQ of this camera is stunning, and miles ahead of my 5D3 and the 1DX! AF performance isn't exactly top notch...
  8. R

Review: Sony A7R With Canon Glass

Sony's sensor division is not going anywhere. In fact, it is expanding. http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sony-buys-nintento-chip-factory-to-increase-the-cmos-sensor-production/
  9. R

Review: Sony A7R With Canon Glass

Can I have a sensor from Sony in my 5D4 please?
  10. R

Just WOW

Why do I get the feeling that this is another feminist anti-photoshop/anti-plasticsurgery/anti-boobjob/anti-beautification-anti-everything-that-isn't-youghurt-natural-video? ::)
  11. R

Patent: Canon 11-24mm f/4 Lens

The 16-35 is not close at all. The focal range yes, but not the performance, esp in the corners!
  12. R

Review: Canon EOS 17-40 f/4L by DxO Mark

I LOVE the range of this lens, but I hate the performance. Give me a version II with tack sharp corners. I'd much rather have a razor sharp 17-40 II than a razor sharp 14-24L.
  13. R

Canon and Nikon - Past Their Prime? by Kai Wong

Would be true, if it wasn't for the fact that the A7R trumps the 5D3 and 1DX in FF IQ, while still being small, simple, wifi/smartphone-connectable, e.t.c.. It is without a doubt the best camera available for my dear L-lenses.. Like Kai said, the game is changing. EDIT: Oops, I just saw that...
  14. R

Magic Lantern increases Canon EOS 5D Mark III dynamic range

Re: Magic Lantern increases Canon 5D III dynamic range Which all photographers do. Except those in denial, and those who shoot jpegs and don't like post processing very much. ;D
  15. R

Magic Lantern increases Canon EOS 5D Mark III dynamic range

Re: Magic Lantern increases Canon 5D III dynamic range This is only interesting if you shoot at higher ISO settings. :-\
  16. R

Off Brand: Sony Announces the A7 & A7R Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras

Re: Off Brand: Sony Announces the A7 & A7R Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras The zeiss UWA-zoom will hopefully arrive in March. It will be my first and only native lens for the A7R, at least for now. I still have a speck of hope left for Canon sensor developers, so I'm keeping all my EF-glass. lol.
  17. R

Patents: Canon 85mm f/1.8 IS, 100mm f/2 IS, 135 f/2.8 IS

Re: Patents: Canon 85mm f/1.8 IS, 100mm f/2 IS, 135 f/2 IS Yup. I have the 135L, alongside my 70-200 IS II. Even though I love the 135, it does feel very unnecessary some times. :P A 135 2.8 would feel even more unnecessary! But a 135 f/1.8 (and with IS).. Please give me.
  18. R

Patents: Canon 85mm f/1.8 IS, 100mm f/2 IS, 135 f/2.8 IS

Re: Patents: Canon 85mm f/1.8 IS, 100mm f/2 IS, 135 f/2 IS Sigh. Patents, patents and more patents. Very alluring, but they don't mean anything! How long has it been since we saw the first patents on the 14-24L and the 35L II? :P
  19. R

|RUMOR| EOS A1 Coming Feb 9th

Nice specs. But even if true, this expensive elephant of a camera won't be a competitor to the Nikon D800 or Sony A7R. My bank account says NO! ::) Edit: My hands, neck and shoulders too.
  20. R

Why Scott Kelby Switched to Canon

Been thinking about switching to Nikon many times, because of "their" (Sony's) superior sensor tech, but haven't because I'd lose a boatload of money in doing that. :'( And yeah, then there's the ergonomics..