Search results

1. J

Tamron 90mm macro or Sigma 150 OS?

Do you ever plan to work without support? From all the testing I've seen online the hybrid IS of the canon makes a notable difference when hand-holding the camera JSP
  2. J

cheap lowlight 30-35mm for APS-C

I would stay away from the older Sigma 30mm, mine has never made me happy with the AF performance. at least on my 7d. Since that's probably going to be a priority as the little one gains mobility.... JSP
  3. J

Euro Trip Lens selection.

it depends on your particulars, but I'd keep what you have, maybe adding in a 24-70 or a 100mm macro L, if you like things. I was in London for 2 weeks this winter and don't think I used the 70-200 once, but I tended towards museums and churches, so a lot of interiors and landscape stuff. On a...
  4. J

Canon EF-S 18-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Information

STM is "the thing that isn't USM", right? Like on the 50f1.8 and other super-cheap lenses? JSP
  5. J

Headed to Paris with Camera Gear

I'd say the most used things in Paris were the mid-to-wide zoom (18-50 on a crop) and a small beanbag. There are plenty of places where a tripod isn't permitted or just too much of a pain, but a beanbag on a wall works pretty well. Also if you like taking pics of things in cases of museums or...
  6. J

1Ds Mark IV & 5D Mark III [CR0.5]

It sounds good, but so good I'm a bit suspicious, more "wish list" like then "reality"...or at least it's too good and if I thought it were real I'd probably get disappointed when it isn't JSP
  7. J

Canon Lens Mug - Giveaway

maybe a rotating set of prime lenses, like on a super-8 video camera. That way you can make working with primes easier for newbies
  8. J

Tonights Announcements [CR2]

what is the deal with the Ixus name that seems to only appear on european models? A
  9. J

Samyang 24 f/1.4 is coming

on these Samyang lenses is the aperture electric like the Zeiss ones or will you need to do step-down metering?? JSP
  10. J

5D Mark III & More Information [CR1]

Re: 5D Mark III & More Information [CR1] i wonder how they'd distinguish it from the 14mmL already in the lineup. Usually you loose some speed when you get a zoom, but since Nikon has the f2.8 I'd be very surprised if canon didn't match them. Maybe they'll just discontinue the 14mm? jsp
  11. J

Canon Patents This Week

i wonder if the 50mm will have the hybrid IS, it would make a powerful competitor, since nikon doesn't have a VR 50ish mm macro
  12. J

Patent - EF 28 f/1.8 DO & Others

well that is a messy translation! If the DO optics could make the lens smaller, I think this could be a big win. People are seeing the "pancake" lenses on the m4/3 cameras and are probably wondering where one is for the big boys... just my thought, otherwise the current f1.8 is an excellent...
  13. J

Canon EOS with GPS tagging

I wouldn't mind having a grip with GPS, but having to buy a grip to attach ANOTHER thing that is the GPS, that's just too much for me JSP
  14. J

Wait or Bite?

Given the state of Rumors, I'd bite on either the 7d (what I have) or the 60d. It's looking like 6 months out for just the announcement of the next generation, plus manufacturing time, you'll get at least a good year out of whatever you buy today. A
  15. J

Your lenses wishlist for 2011.

All I really want that doesn't exist are these 2: 1. 60mm Macro IS (i'd prefer EF, but I could handle EFs) 2. 14-24 f2.8 (hell license the Nikon design, it's pretty much perfect from all I've heard) jSP
  16. J

EF-S 15-60 f/2.8 IS [CR1]

If I'm not mistaken, those specs would give it the "longest hand-held shutter speed zoom" crown in the marketplace. I don't think anyone else has a lens that can do 15mm, IS and f2.8 all at once jSP
  17. J

Land of Crazy not so Crazy? [CR1.5]

I'll put in my "never gonna happen" vote, a master-only flash on this FF body. Don't need a real flash, but a wireless controller would be cool JSP
  18. J

*UPDATE* More 5D Mark III / 1D Mark V & Lenses [CR2]

Re: More 5D Mark III / 1D Mark V & Lenses [CR2] Ahh, but the built-in flash on the 7d is ALSO a wireless controller, and that's a cool and useful feature that I'd love to have on a 5dIII JSP
  19. J

Lenses [CR2]

For the 90mm I don't think it matters that much, but I only use it for product work (watches) and the occasional portrait muck-about, so my opinion is nearly worthless as usual JSP