Search results

1. jdramirez

Was my tripod at fault at all?

I did that the last time I shot the girls (hand held)... I really was hoping for tack sharp, minus the mirror vibration because I never figured out how to lock it and have the camera function the at I wanted.
  2. jdramirez

1/200 of a second, f2.2, I thought about going 1/500 or faster, but I see convened I'd kill the batteries on my flashes 1/200, 400 Iso, f2.2, 135mmm L2. I thought about going hss at 1/500, but I see concerned my batteries would be drained and there I would be without flash for the rest off the...
  3. jdramirez

Aluminum. But good to know.
  4. jdramirez

I should have made the girls waiting sit in the bleachers...
  5. jdramirez

Not sure... it was where the varsity plays... a concrete floor would have been better for me... but harder on the basketballs players knees.
  6. jdramirez

I took a set of portraits yesterday, and for the most part I was pleased... but we were situated on a basketball court, and when someone would walk or more, the camera would shake just a little. Otherwise... I think I did a solid job avoiding contact with the camera, wireless shutter release...
  7. jdramirez

Pricing Details for the Canon EOS Rebel SL2 & Kit (USD)

I used to record movies on my vcr... on the slow speed so I could get 3 movies on one vhs cassette. I acknowledge that the story is more important than the image quality... but if you can have both... especially if you are housing online so it is there at the better format when your display...
  8. jdramirez

It is on my to do list. My intention is to buy 3 4k 40" monitors/televisions and have them positioned side by side for a real enveloped feel. Right now I have 3 1080p monitors/television and it is fine... but I have most of the lenses I want and I'm happy with my body... so I've been spending...
  9. jdramirez

Actually no... but I grew inpatient waiting for better specs from canon's non 5d 1d line... so I ventured out of the fold and picked up a panasonic gx85... which does a ton of photography well... but not really... but the video... the real reason I picked it up... appears to be more than...
  10. jdramirez

So no 4k video... And what... A slight bump up in mp and shots per second... And Wi-Fi and gps... Big whoop.
  11. jdramirez

Micron Discontinuing Lexar Removable Storage Retail Business

Same line of thinking... I hate that line about great minds thinking alike because it is so demonstrably false...
  12. jdramirez

Micron Discontinuing Lexar Removable Storage Retail Business

My concern would be someonewould buy the name... But not the manufacturing standards. Honestly... As this last batch runs out... I'd wait a few years to buy another lexar branded memory card until we see if the standards are upheld.
  13. jdramirez

Deal: sE Electronics ProMic Laser DSLR On-Camera Shotgun Microphone $49 (Reg $99)

So obvious question... How does it compare with the line of rode mics... Micro... Pro... And i forget what the other two are called. Also... Per online videos... I've seen that canon slrs benefit greatly from having a small self contained pre-amp... Do y'all have a suggestion on which pre amp...
  14. jdramirez

Choice of buying used camera body

I feel that we are discussing a non-factor... provided it is in perfect working condition... the likelihood of it breaking (with a manufacturer defect) before the warranty expires... seems infinitesimal.
  15. jdramirez

Choice of buying used camera body

I don't like abused gear... what is seen us only what left a record of a fall... there are 15 other instances where it feel but d didn't leave a mark. so... 6d... though I wouldn't object to the mkii
  16. jdramirez

Magic Lantern Gets 4K Video Working on the EOS 5D Mark III

Re: Magic Lantern Gets 4K Onto The EOS 5D Mark III so is there a clip length cap? can you only record without long buffer delays into cf? so many questions.
  17. jdramirez

I want to turn a photo into a 16-bit video game style image

The project is done... and I probably went with too few colors because it looked like I tried to create a sepia tone... but I was happy enough with it. Also... I saved it as a photoshop file, psd, so I didn't have any of that .jpg compression smoothing that I was complaining about. Thanks...
  18. jdramirez

I got close... 35 colors seemed to be the sweet spot... But then going from what was on the screen to saving as a jpg, it was smoothed out due to the compression... so I have to figure out how to keep that blocky pixelated look... thanks for your help though...
  19. jdramirez

awesome. I'll give it a go...
  20. jdramirez

8 bit v 16 v 64... honestly... I don't know what the bits relationship with the color palette is... But when I get home... I'll take a screen grab and show y'all roughly what my end goal is.