Search results

1. C

Wow

If ya liked that image, why not visit the local morgue.
  2. C

Black Foam Core Projects

I like the black background as well...how does it look hanging in your living room?
  3. C

What is your keeper rate?

IMHO, you should have described your genre as well as what you desire from your images before asking that question. As an example my BIF images have a much lower keeper rate before they end up in my living room. But, age has forced me indoors and my keeper rate is 100%, simple because all my...
  4. C

Splotch on image

If your referring to the dark blue area between the batter's right shoulder and the edge of the frame... It's the batter's shadow.
  5. C

180mm Macro Lenses - Canon vs. Sigma

Ah...Canon Utility Software is an absolute must use in using a macro lens...tethered shooting is the way to go. Kinda rules out Sigma.
  6. C

A thought I had about dual pixel raw and the future of postprocessing

If you aren't obsessive about detail, you should discard that camera.
  7. C

Canon U.S.A. to Display Large Format Solutions for Fine Art Photography at West Coast Art & Frame Ex

Re: Canon U.S.A. to Display Large Format Solutions for Fine Art Photography at West Coast Art & Fram No info on technique unless ya sign up...is it merely photo-merging?
  8. C

As I grow older....

I'm 73 y/o, have been into this insane hobby over 8 years and only shoot primes. Am also heavy into PS CC....am anal retentive as to image quality.
  9. C

Alternatives to Lightroom for someone who isn't locked in to it yet?

In my entire life...good enough just never has cut it.
  10. C

Alternatives to Lightroom for someone who isn't locked in to it yet?

It all depends on your goals...is good enough all that is necessary, or, do you strive for something more?
  11. C

Show your Bird Portraits

Thing is, I didn't see it until I opened it on my desktop...what about you?
  12. C

Show your Bird Portraits

Just for grins...will never hang in my living room.
  13. C

Flowers and other Flora

I think that deserves a kiss at least. ;D
  14. C

Flowers and other Flora

flower droplet...
  15. C

what's up with the 70-300 range?

Sure enough, cut those corners...if "good enough" fits your style.
  16. C

Handicapped helpers

Before the electric scooter I used a golf cart.
  17. C

Creative post-processing – before & after

Showing the "before images" would be a waste of time as they're nothing more than wisps of smoke... something akin to this, using incense sticks. All edited in PS.
  18. C

Landscape-Focal lengt?

What's your skillset? Are you a "work the shot" kinda photographer who prints or a snapshooter for social media? Three weeks isn't long enough for the former. IMHO...if you're adept at PS, the best all-around lens for any body is a 185 macro... merge them for landscapes.
  19. C

The best advice

Your set-up will allow you to learn the basics until you consistently get razor sharp images... then try to work on your environment. Those store-bought feeders aren't at all photogenic.
  20. C

Handicapped helpers

Having trouble getting out and about...try one of these. So me something that you use.