1dx II video output

ethanz

1DX II
CR Pro
Apr 12, 2016
ethanzentz.com
Hello,

I've got a 1dx Mark 2 and I'm at the conference in Europe. Trying to connect it with hdmi out to an atem television studio switcher. I'm running 1080i50 on the switcher. I've tried just about everything in the camera settings to get the camera to show up on the switcher. When I plug it into a ninja it shows just fine and says its outputting at 1080i50. Any ideas?

ethanz

1DX II
CR Pro
Apr 12, 2016
ethanzentz.com
Maybe the ATEM TV Studio is pickier than the ME1.

You seem to know a lot Marvin, so thank you. I had the 1dxii hooked up to the atem for 1.5 hours and it exited live view mode 2-3 times. I have the auto power off disabled. Any idea why it would do that? It didn't appear to be getting hot. I was not recording, only outputting through HDMI and the on camera screen.

Upvote 0

marvinhello

Canon 1D C user
Feb 28, 2012
UK
ethanz said:
Maybe the ATEM TV Studio is pickier than the ME1.

You seem to know a lot Marvin, so thank you. I had the 1dxii hooked up to the atem for 1.5 hours and it exited live view mode 2-3 times. I have the auto power off disabled. Any idea why it would do that? It didn't appear to be getting hot. I was not recording, only outputting through HDMI and the on camera screen.

If you set "auto power off disable", the camera still exits liveview mode every 30min, it was designed that way.

1D C does not have this limit.

Upvote 0

marvinhello

Canon 1D C user
Feb 28, 2012
UK
ethanz said:
I had a friend tell me that the 30 minute limit has nothing to do with hardware or software, But is actually due to tariff laws. I guess if I camera can record past 30 minutes it is seen as a video camera and the export taxes or whatever are different for it as opposed to a still camera.

When you're in liveview and not recording, the camera still exits liveview and cut the signal every 30min. This has nothign to do with tariff law since the camera is on stand by.

Upvote 0
marvinhello said:
ethanz said:
I had a friend tell me that the 30 minute limit has nothing to do with hardware or software, But is actually due to tariff laws. I guess if I camera can record past 30 minutes it is seen as a video camera and the export taxes or whatever are different for it as opposed to a still camera.

When you're in liveview and not recording, the camera still exits liveview and cut the signal every 30min. This has nothign to do with tariff law since the camera is on stand by.

Oh, it's a tariff law alright. It's to circumvent a butt-stupid EU law that taxes video cameras higher than still cameras.
Video cameras are defined as being able to take at least 30m in a single shot.

Upvote 0

marvinhello

Canon 1D C user
Feb 28, 2012
UK
kaihp said:
marvinhello said:
ethanz said:

Oh, it's a tariff law alright. It's to circumvent a butt-stupid EU law that taxes video cameras higher than still cameras.
Video cameras are defined as being able to take at least 30m in a single shot.

No it's not, if you read carefully, we were talking about the camera in liveview when not recording, so that you can use HDMI to connect to external recording device. 1DX II exits liveview every 30min.

Upvote 0