Canon CPS Requirements

jdramirez said:
So is it wrong I didn't bother reading the requirements... I have something like $10,000 in gear... and I had a crap ton of points... so I signed up...

You will have to take that up with your Priest / Rabbi / Minister. Hopefully it will not go on your permanent record and count against you some time in the future.

Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2011
They take my money too.

With a CPS service center nearby, it is well worth it. Shipping isn't anywhere near as expensive as insuring the stuff inside the box for someone that is stuck paying retail rates. There is nowhere else I can take this stuff to and have it repaired without shipping it off somewhere, and there really aren't any camera shops where I would entrust the minimum wage help with a sensor cleaning- or more than I am willing to tackle on my own.

If I call and they are really busy, odds are that I can wait and not make a stink.

If I ever get flack as a "non-pro" under the strictest of definitions, they can cancel the membership or not offer a renewal.

I can qualify enough points and I'm willing to pay the yearly fee.

I don't see it as questionable, a moral dilemma or as a problem. If it is, it is an issue several orders of magnitude less than the people that buy stuff, use it, then return it for a refund.

Upvote 0
May 31, 2011
takesome1 said:
jdramirez said:
So is it wrong I didn't bother reading the requirements... I have something like $10,000 in gear... and I had a crap ton of points... so I signed up...

You will have to take that up with your Priest / Rabbi / Minister. Hopefully it will not go on your permanent record and count against you some time in the future.

I don't bother with PRMs... or church... I've lost interest... there's a lot less guilt. Though I wouldn't mind hanging out with a flying spaghetti monster...

Upvote 0