Do You Want to Take Your Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Apart?

Canon Rumors Guy

EOS 1D MK II
Jul 20, 2010
7,754
387
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:

<iframe width="728" height="409" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aVWr5g-rlFc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p>I don’t, but Peter McKinnon did!</p>


<p>Before Peter sent his EOS-1D X Mark II off for repair, he decided it would be best to check out what’s inside on his own. If it’s already going for repair, I guess it doesn’t matter if you can’t put it back together… You’ve already done half the work for the Canon tech.</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>
 

ethanz

1DX II
Apr 12, 2016
1,067
306
ethanzentz.com
Oh my. Thats a bad idea. (With 1.5 million subscribers he can probably afford to if it broke)

But oh its so cool. Thats why its $6000.
 

Valvebounce

EOS 5D SR
Apr 3, 2013
4,269
215
52
Isle of Wight
Hi Folks.
It is not the taking apart that is difficult, it can involve detective work to find that hidden screw or clip and to find the correct order things need to be done. It is not even that hard to put it back together again, it is diagnosing and fixing these things that is the hard part without the correct tools! :)

Cheers, Graham.
 

LDS

EOR R
Sep 14, 2012
1,580
152
Valvebounce said:
It is not the taking apart that is difficult, it can involve detective work to find that hidden screw or clip and to find the correct order things need to be done. It is not even that hard to put it back together again, it is diagnosing and fixing these things that is the hard part without the correct tools! :)
You'd need to get a copy of the repair manual to do it correctly, especially if you're not an expert. It will tell you what to remove, how, and when, and how to put it together again (unlike all the king's horses and all the king's men with poor Humpty-Dumpty). It will also tell you what to check and what to touch to bring it inside specs - although you may need some equipment for that.
 

amorse

EOS 7D MK II
Jan 26, 2017
487
488
www.flickr.com
jolyonralph said:
Why does anyone need a 1DXII to vlog on youtube????
1080p at 120 fps according to Peter's videos? He started his channel and went to 1.5 million followers in ~1 year so he may be doing something right! Maybe also getting one arm into shape at a time? ;)
 

ethanz

1DX II
Apr 12, 2016
1,067
306
ethanzentz.com
jolyonralph said:
Why does anyone need a 1DXII to vlog on youtube????
And also maybe because the video quality on the 1dxii is fantastic. I've never seen his other videos, so I'm not entirely sure what he uses it for.
 

peterzuehlke

EOS 80D
Oct 1, 2015
106
19
looks well built inside. i gave up carrying one series, years ago, but am sure my 5 has a lot more plastic inside. for the folks wondering why he uses the pro body, the first part of the video shows him shooting from an atv on a frozen lake or something. pretty rough environment. looks like the right camera for that. (at the beginning of the video when he was talking about repair and opening the camera, my first thought is his atv broke through the ice and dunked the camera)
 
Dec 2, 2015
2
0
wow…that’s a job and a half but you can afford it ; other wise you would have been less careless…M5 would have done the job !
 

ExodistPhotography

Photographer, Artist & Youtuber
Feb 20, 2016
224
1
41
Phillippines
www.youtube.com
1DX II to vlog? ::)

Useless, half the folks watching his videos are watching them on a smartphone while sitting on a crapper.. The rest of us don't watch him.. He is a prime example of more money then brains..
 

RGF

How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Jul 13, 2012
2,816
35
Canon Rumors said:
<iframe width="728" height="409" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aVWr5g-rlFc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p>I don’t, but Peter McKinnon did!</p>


<p>Before Peter sent his EOS-1D X Mark II off for repair, he decided it would be best to check out what’s inside on his own. If it’s already going for repair, I guess it doesn’t matter if you can’t put it back together… You’ve already done half the work for the Canon tech.</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>
That assumes you have not destroyed anything while prying it apart with a chain saw.