Like an X-T2
Viewfinder is detachable and can be rotated up to look through
LCD on the top
Available in Early 2017

6 Launch lenses, including
GF63mm 2.8R WR
GF32-61mm F4 R LM WR
GF120mm F4 Macro

Interesting announcement and actually looks like the most attractive MF option to me but those who though it was going to come ultra cheap(it is cheap as Pentax is relative to digital backs of course) as you don't say "well below £10K" if your going to sell something for $5K, it looks like a tool aimed at professional users as well to me.

Upvote 0
Jopa said:
Haydn1971 said:
Well below $10k means in the $8-9k region to me...
I hope not :) It can be also $9998. $2 is well below $0, it's like infinite number of times below (2 / 0 = infinity assuming the 0 is an infinitely small number).

$2 is not well below $0, and 2/0 is not infinity; it's indeterminate. The best we can say is that the limit of 2/x as x approaches zero from the right is infinity. ;)

p.s. Sorry, you activated the math geek.

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
not interested. too big, way too expensive and most likely not much IQ advantage over 50 MP 36x24 sensor systems.

why fuji decided to go into tiny MF market that is an all-out battle for survival between several established suppliers already ... no idea. i would have loved to see a leading edge, ultra compact mirrorless FF sensor system from Fuji instead (with X-Trans) - competing with Sony A7/R II.

MF? wake me up, once something like a compact, slim digital Mamyia 7 II (rangefinder-form factor) comes out, with a a true 6x7 sensor ... at USD/€ 4999 or less.

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
AvTvM said:
not interested. too big, way too expensive and most likely not much IQ advantage over 50 MP 36x24 sensor systems.

why fuji decided to go into tiny MF market that is an all-out battle for survival between several established suppliers already ... no idea. i would have loved to see a leading edge, ultra compact mirrorless FF sensor system from Fuji instead (with X-Trans) - competing with Sony A7/R II.

MF? wake me up, once something like a compact, slim digital Mamyia 7 II (rangefinder-form factor) comes out, with a a true 6x7 sensor ... at USD/€ 4999 or less.

Hey, AvTvM, I've just realised what camera you want, no mirror, small and light, no moving part an' all: the iPhone 6 !

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
Sporgon said:
AvTvM said:

Hey, AvTvM, I've just realised what camera you want, no mirror, small and light, no moving part an' all: the iPhone 6 !

thanks, got iPhone SE. Happy with it. 6 is way too big and fat, especially given the small sensor size. Stupid Apple! ;D ;D ;D

What I'd like:
* body size, form factor, pop-up EVF: Sony RX1R II ... only with lens mount up front
* electronic global shutter, 100% mechanics-free
* good AF system with Canon Eye Control 2.0
* Canon RAWs and EOS User Interface
* Price: 999,-
;)

Upvote 0
Sporgon said:
AvTvM said:

:) :) :) ;)

Upvote 0