Got me a ride in one of these...

Jul 28, 2015
Any one had a ride in unusual transport?

On a recent holiday we had a rise in a Grumman Goose (Pacific Coastal Airlines, BC). We took off from tarmac and landed on a fjord - quite a different experience to other seaplanes we have been on. As you will see, the wing pontoon lifts up to enable it to get to the dock.

Attachments

• Grumman Goose-101.JPG
    Grumman Goose-101.JPG
    312.8 KB · Views: 213
  • Grumman Goose-102.JPG
    Grumman Goose-102.JPG
    328 KB · Views: 209
  • Grumman Goose-103.JPG
    Grumman Goose-103.JPG
    279.5 KB · Views: 208
  • Grumman Goose-104.JPG
    Grumman Goose-104.JPG
    385.9 KB · Views: 221

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Mike.
Fabulous, the sort of thing I would love to do.
Years ago we were in Arizona and went to lake pleasant, took a trip with Arizona Ducks (DUKWs) on the lake, they let us all have a go in the drivers seat, I was up last and had over half the trip steering it, following the captains instructions. He did get back in the seat quite quick after I asked "so what do I have to do to now I'm approaching the ramp, engage the wheel drive?" I will see if I have any shots from that trip and post one if that is ok.
That was a great experience, and sadly the next year when we went back they had gone, I think it was the year after one sunk, may have been on the River Thames. Gave them all a bad reputation. :'(

Cheers, Graham.

Mikehit said:
Any one had a ride in unusual transport?

On a recent holiday we had a rise in a Grumman Goose (Pacific Coastal Airlines, BC). We took off from tarmac and landed on a fjord - quite a different experience to other seaplanes we have been on. As you will see, the wing pontoon lifts up to enable it to get to the dock.

Upvote 0