Hummingbirds from Colombia

Here are a few of the amazing hummingbirds I photographed in Colombia last month...

Rainbow-bearded%20Thornbill%20-%2001.jpg

Rainbow-bearded Thornbill

Blue-throated%20Starfrontlet%20-%2001.jpg

Blue-throated Starfrontlet

Black-backed%20Thornbill%20-%2013.jpg

Black-backed Thornbill

White-tailed%20Starfrontlet%20-%2004.jpg

White-tailed Starfrontlet

White-tailed%20Hillstar%20-%2002.jpg

White-tailed Hillstar

Empress%20Brilliant%20-%2008.jpg

Empress Brilliant

Great%20Sapphirewing%20-%2008.jpg

Great Sapphirewing

Buffy%20Helmetcrest%20-%2003.jpg

Buffy Helmetcrest

If enyone wants to read a little trip report from my trip please see -
http://www.glennbartley.com/naturephotography/articles/Gallery%20-%20Colombia2016.html

I have to say Glenn that you post the best bird photos around. And I look at a lot of bird photos. I have been a birder since I was 5 as well and don't throw around compliments often. Your shots are just fantastic. There are lots of people that take beautiful photos of large and slow moving birds like cranes and pelicans, gannets and other seabirds at colonies, penguins and things like that. You take things way past that and get just perfect shots of really hard to get birds under challenging conditions. Dark forests and night birds as well.It helps to be down there a lot but you have a real talent. My hat is off to you and I enjoy your work far more than any others I have seen. Truly an inspiration.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Isaac Grant said:
I have to say Glenn that you post the best bird photos around. And I look at a lot of bird photos. I have been a birder since I was 5 as well and don't throw around compliments often. Your shots are just fantastic. There are lots of people that take beautiful photos of large and slow moving birds like cranes and pelicans, gannets and other seabirds at colonies, penguins and things like that. You take things way past that and get just perfect shots of really hard to get birds under challenging conditions. Dark forests and night birds as well.It helps to be down there a lot but you have a real talent. My hat is off to you and I enjoy your work far more than any others I have seen. Truly an inspiration.
I have to agree. Very talented. Very very talented. Truly wonderful photos.

Upvote 0
Isaac Grant said:

Thank you very much for the kind post. I really appreciate it! :)

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Glenn Bartley said:
Isaac Grant said:

Thank you very much for the kind post. I really appreciate it! :)

Such beautiful birds and great photography. Mind saying where in Columbia?

Jack

Upvote 0
Glenn Bartley said:
Here are a few of the amazing hummingbirds I photographed in Colombia last month...

Wow, the colors are just...wow.

Don Haines said:
All we get around here is the common Scottish hummingbird :)

That's neat, what's the scientific name? I can't find anything on the common Scottish hummingbird.

Upvote 0