new 24mm 1.4L lens REAR glass is moving while i am cleaning!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just brought a new canon 24mm 1.4L lens. after a day shoot, i was about to clean the front rear glasses. then i noticed the rear glass is moving horizontally. then i checked by shaking it, yes its little unsteady inside. even by others...

now i don't know what to do. pls tell me anything u have noticed similarites happened with ur 24mm.?
i am worried cos i spent a lot of money on it.

thank u all.

L

Leopard Lupus

1. I have never cleaned the rear element of any of my lenses. Mainly because they are not designed to be cleaned by the hands of the average consumer, and if you make sure to seal it when not in use, why would you clean it?
2. As said before, send it back. That is not normal for ANY lens, especially of L quality. Keeping that on your camera body, or even continuing to shoot with a loose element like that, could damage the inside of your camera thus costing you more than the lens itself.

Upvote 0
ssrdd said:
i just brought a new canon 24mm 1.4L lens. after a day shoot, i was about to clean the front rear glasses. then i noticed the rear glass is moving horizontally. then i checked by shaking it, yes its little unsteady inside. even by others...

now i don't know what to do. pls tell me anything u have noticed similarites happened with ur 24mm.?
i am worried cos i spent a lot of money on it.

thank u all.

That sounds very bad! Send it back!

Upvote 0
Leopard Lupus said:
1. I have never cleaned the rear element of any of my lenses. Mainly because they are not designed to be cleaned by the hands of the average consumer, and if you make sure to seal it when not in use, why would you clean it?

There is nothing shocking about cleaning a rear element, especially not on the 24 1.4 II where it sticks out almost as much as the front element.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.