Are 400mp stills coming to the Canon EOS R5?

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
We first broke the story earlier this month that Canon was planning a major firmware update for the Canon EOS R5 this year. One of the likely features coming to the Canon EOS R5 is “pixel-shift”. What is Pixel-Shift? Pixel shift is a method in digital cameras for producing a super resolution image. The method works by taking several

See full article...

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Not sure this is that interesting to me, but time will tell...

Any word on the fps being given options with elec shutter?

Also does that mean these are still expected to happen?;
  • Lens breathing correction
  • Pre-shooting buffer
  • Removal of 30 minutes record limit
  • Vehicle tracking AF mode (bikes, trains & planes)
  • Additional tracking for more animals​

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
I guess the feature of added resolution is nice, but I hope there will also be an option that is keeping the original 45MP but with better color accuracy and noise performance.

And what I would be really happy to see is (finally) the addition of C-Log 2, at least in the R5 C, but it would be a welcomed addition on the R5 too (or all cameras if we are at it).

Upvote 0

Bahrd

Red herrings...
Jun 30, 2013
I’d assume this wouldn’t be coming to the R5C since it doesn’t have ibis and this would rely on it unfortunately.
Years ago, one of the so-called super-resolution techniques was based on natural hand movement.
So, in principle, the information from the lens' IS circuit can be re-used for a 'hand-made pixel-shift".

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

knight427

CR Pro
Aug 27, 2018
I will continue to hope Canon releases a star tracking update. Dreaming more, they could package that with a 30x digital zoom, plus a program option where I could preselect a low ISO, long shutter, fixed sensor shot with a tracked star shot using separate settings and focus. The audience for this is a bit narrow but they could definitely charge for it on all cameras now and moving forward.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
I will continue to hope Canon releases a star tracking update. Dreaming more, they could package that with a 30x digital zoom, plus a program option where I could preselect a low ISO, long shutter, fixed sensor shot with a tracked star shot using separate settings and focus. The audience for this is a bit narrow but they could definitely charge for it on all cameras now and moving forward.
Pentax has had that for years, with the bodies that had both gps and ibis.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0