mpphoto

Canon Rumors Premium
Dec 15, 2013
Upvote 0

neuroanatomist

Canon Rumors Premium
Jul 21, 2010
SanDisk 2TB Extreme PRO Portable SSD V2 Failures
I have had two of these SSDs fail on me in the last 6 months, the latest just this last week. I need to replace it but I'm reluctant to get another SanDisk because of these widespread problems. Can anyone recommend a more reliable alternative?
Samsung T7.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
SanDisk 2TB Extreme PRO Portable SSD V2 Failures
I have had two of these SSDs fail on me in the last 6 months, the latest just this last week. I need to replace it but I'm reluctant to get another SanDisk because of these widespread problems. Can anyone recommend a more reliable alternative?
It's not solidstate, but Lacie has a usb-c powered 5tb for 179.99 at B&H (I've been happy with mine with no problems)
and like @neuroanatomist recommended, I consider Samsung's SSD offering to be also good. ( i have the 2tb and no problems and am happy)

Upvote 0

neuroanatomist

Canon Rumors Premium
Jul 21, 2010
It's not solidstate, but Lacie has a usb-c powered 5tb for 179.99 at B&H (I've been happy with mine with no problems)
and like @neuroanatomist recommended, I consider Samsung's SSD offering to be also good. ( i have the 2tb and no problems and am happy)
I have a stack of LaCie Rugged HDDs, and I routinely use a pair of 5 TB ones for backups that I rotate between home and work. They get tossed around quite a bit, and are doing great.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
I have a stack of LaCie Rugged HDDs, and I routinely use a pair of 5 TB ones for backups that I rotate between home and work. They get tossed around quite a bit, and are doing great.
They are rated to withstand drops of four feet and some water resistance. I think if were planning on some remote place with a reasonable fear about facing some tragedy (such as documenting one of these wars), the SSD version would be worth the extra money.

Upvote 0