1Ds Mark IV Dimensions Outed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RandomDude

The reduction in height is problematic to me. The 1Ds III gained the extra 3mm over the MkII by using a larger pentaprism. It's possible that Canon found a way to squeeze the same viewfinder into a smaller bump, but it doesn't seem worth the effort. Certainly they wouldn't put a smaller viewfinder in the new camera.

It might not be a "typo" per se, but I don't think this is a proper leak either. Something else is probably going on. I could be wrong, of course, but I wouldn't start chiseling a statue of the 1Ds IV off these numbers.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
RandomDude said:
The reduction in height is problematic to me. The 1Ds III gained the extra 3mm over the MkII by using a larger pentaprism. It's possible that Canon found a way to squeeze the same viewfinder into a smaller bump, but it doesn't seem worth the effort. Certainly they wouldn't put a smaller viewfinder in the new camera.

Should be pretty simple to shave 3mm off the bottom with a redesigned battery...

WarStreet said:
neuro, your current post count is 999, and I am curious to see if the 1000 post will switch your rank to 1dsIII :) maybe it is a sign !

I guess we'll find out...right...NOW!

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
neuroanatomist said:
WarStreet said:
neuro, your current post count is 999, and I am curious to see if the 1000 post will switch your rank to 1dsIII :) maybe it is a sign !

I guess we'll find out...right...NOW!

Maybe 1001 posts?

Nope... :( I guess the 1D IV remains the CR top of the heap. Does that put the kabash on a 1DsIV? :p

Upvote 0
W

WarStreet

kubelik said:
it's kind of hard to believe it's a "typo" when the 1D Mark IV is actually called out like two lines above the 1Ds Mark IV

It's not just that, how they can do a typo on size and weight too ? As you say, it is also positioned under the 1DsIII, and it is not occupying the spot of another camera. Check the 500D/550D for a real typo !

Also, now I think that this can't be done on purpose for traffic generation, as how they are going to explain this to Canon ? by telling them it is a typo ? :)

The timing is perfect too, I expected the 1DsIV during 2011 Q4, and Nikon are going to do an announcement on 24 August, for which it is rumored 2 FF cameras. I think one of them it is going to be the D3X replacement, the competitor of the 1DsIII.

I usually rarely give credit to rumors, but this one I am going to declare that it is true................................................ Maybe !! :)

Upvote 0
W

WarStreet

documentaryman said:
If Nikon can announce two flagship models at once, I pray to God/Bhudda/Or Whomever Trips Your Trigger/ that Canon follows suit and pairs a 5D announcement with its new 1D.

This is funny :) Just keep in mind that the possibility of the 2 FF announcement is just a rumor, although the announcement seems to be sufficiently verified.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
"Grasping at straws?" A typo is an inadvertant error of a minor nature. Adding a line to a tabuluR lisst of models is nit a typo, although this sentense is cleerly repleat with bona fide exampls. Now, if Canon had announced a 650D and they called it a 620D or listed its weight as 1640 g, that would be a typo. But, this was more significant, and calling it a typo is simply damage control. Does this mean Gigapan has prerelease specs of a forthcoming 1DsIV? Maybe. It could also be a complete fabrication to generate buzz for their company. But a simple typo? No.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
neuroanatomist said:
"Grasping at straws?" A typo is an inadvertant error of a minor nature. Adding a line to a tabuluR lisst of models is nit a typo, although this sentense is cleerly repleat with bona fide exampls. Now, if Canon had announced a 650D and they called it a 620D or listed its weight as 1640 g, that would be a typo. But, this was more significant, and calling it a typo is simply damage control. Does this mean Gigapan has prerelease specs of a forthcoming 1DsIV? Maybe. It could also be a complete fabrication to generate buzz for their company. But a simple typo? No.

I hope its coming, but as to leaks, I am pretty skeptical, having seen so many that did not pan out ;).

I do see a lot of confusion about 1D and 1Ds, but this does not appear to be the case here, but it happens to me a lot getting those numbers mixed up.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Note the out of line dimensions for the 1Ds Mark III? They don't even have those right, as Keith Cooper points out on Northlight Images. They apparently copied the incorrect dimensions from DPR.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_1ds_mark_iii#Specifications

From Canon:

Dimensions (W x H x D)
6.1 x 6.3 x 3.1 in./156 x 159.6 x 79.9mm

Weight
42.5 oz./1,205g

They certainly can make mistakes :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.