Images and Specifications for the Canon EOS 2000D/EOS Rebel T7

Canon Rumors Guy

EOS-1D X Mark III
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
9,268
2,055
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
This looks to be the EOS Rebel T7/EOS 2000D, the second of three new entry level Rebels.</p>
<p><strong>Canon EOS Rebel 2000D Specifications:</strong></p>
<ul>
<li>24.1mp APS-C</li>
<li>DIGIC 4+</li>
<li>Full HD video</li>
<li>3.0 type liquid crystal</li>
<li>ISO: 100-6400</li>
<li>Wi-Fi installed</li>
<li>Size: 129.0 × 101.3 × 77.6 mm</li>
<li>Weight: 475 g</li>
</ul>

		<style type='text/css'>
			#gallery-1 {
				margin: auto;
			}
			#gallery-1 .gallery-item {
				float: left;
				margin-top: 10px;
				text-align: center;
				width: 33%;
			}
			#gallery-1 img {
				border: 2px solid #cfcfcf;
			}
			#gallery-1 .gallery-caption {
				margin-left: 0;
			}
			/* see gallery_shortcode() in wp-includes/media.php */
		</style>
		<div id='gallery-1' class='gallery galleryid-33874 gallery-columns-3 gallery-size-thumbnail'><dl class='gallery-item'>
			<dt class='gallery-icon landscape'>
				<a href='http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon-3.jpg'><img width="168" height="168" src="http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon-3-168x168.jpg" class="attachment-thumbnail size-thumbnail" alt="" srcset="http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon-3-168x168.jpg 168w, http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon-3-225x225.jpg 225w, http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon-3-144x144.jpg 144w, http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon-3.jpg 500w" sizes="(max-width: 168px) 100vw, 168px" /></a>
			</dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'>
			<dt class='gallery-icon landscape'>
				<a href='http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon_0.jpg'><img width="168" height="168" src="http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon_0-168x168.jpg" class="attachment-thumbnail size-thumbnail" alt="" srcset="http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon_0-168x168.jpg 168w, http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon_0-225x225.jpg 225w, http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon_0-144x144.jpg 144w, http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon_0.jpg 500w" sizes="(max-width: 168px) 100vw, 168px" /></a>
			</dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'>
			<dt class='gallery-icon landscape'>
				<a href='http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon_1-2.jpg'><img width="168" height="168" src="http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon_1-2-168x168.jpg" class="attachment-thumbnail size-thumbnail" alt="" srcset="http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon_1-2-168x168.jpg 168w, http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon_1-2-225x225.jpg 225w, http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon_1-2-144x144.jpg 144w, http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon_1-2.jpg 500w" sizes="(max-width: 168px) 100vw, 168px" /></a>
			</dt></dl><br style="clear: both" /><dl class='gallery-item'>
			<dt class='gallery-icon landscape'>
				<a href='http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon_2.jpg'><img width="168" height="168" src="http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon_2-168x168.jpg" class="attachment-thumbnail size-thumbnail" alt="" srcset="http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon_2-168x168.jpg 168w, http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon_2-225x225.jpg 225w, http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon_2-144x144.jpg 144w, http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon_2.jpg 500w" sizes="(max-width: 168px) 100vw, 168px" /></a>
			</dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'>
			<dt class='gallery-icon portrait'>
				<a href='http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon_3-1.jpg'><img width="168" height="168" src="http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon_3-1-168x168.jpg" class="attachment-thumbnail size-thumbnail" alt="" srcset="http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon_3-1-168x168.jpg 168w, http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon_3-1-144x144.jpg 144w" sizes="(max-width: 168px) 100vw, 168px" /></a>
			</dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'>
			<dt class='gallery-icon portrait'>
				<a href='http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon_4-1.jpg'><img width="168" height="168" src="http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon_4-1-168x168.jpg" class="attachment-thumbnail size-thumbnail" alt="" srcset="http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon_4-1-168x168.jpg 168w, http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/canon_4-1-144x144.jpg 144w" sizes="(max-width: 168px) 100vw, 168px" /></a>
			</dt></dl><br style="clear: both" />
		</div>

<span id="pty_trigger"></span>
 

magarity

EOS RP
CR Pro
Feb 14, 2017
281
194
So the only difference between T6 and T7 will be +4MP? I guess keeping the price point must be brutal.
 

LDS

EOS 5D Mark IV
Sep 14, 2012
1,717
248
New marketing approach, throw cameras at customers and see which one(s) sticks.... ;D

I'm curios how the 3000D can fit between this and the 4000D...
 

magarity

EOS RP
CR Pro
Feb 14, 2017
281
194
<p>This looks to be the EOS Rebel T7/EOS 2000D, the second of three new entry level Rebels.</p>
Is the T7i the first? If the T7i is a "Rebel" (fighting in the hills, keeping the revolution alive, etc) then this one is more of a coffee shop philosopher.
 

Sharlin

EOS R
CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
1,371
1,314
Turku, Finland
magarity said:
<p>This looks to be the EOS Rebel T7/EOS 2000D, the second of three new entry level Rebels.</p>
Is the T7i the first? If the T7i is a "Rebel" (fighting in the hills, keeping the revolution alive, etc) then this one is more of a coffee shop philosopher.

No, CR guy meant the 4000D.
 

SkynetTX

EOS 90D
Jul 29, 2016
158
12
44
Budapest, Hungary
magarity said:
So the only difference between T6 and T7 will be +4MP?
Yep. Except the +4MP and that the flash symbol is graved into the flash button and not painted on it this is exactly the same camera like the T6/1300D. I don't think anyone really need this. And what will the T8/3000D or the T9/4000D add to this one? Some more megapixels? More graved symbols? Come on, Canon, make a real update to Rebels! Check the specification list of my 9000D if you need some guide/inspiration! :)
 

unfocused

EOS-1D X Mark III
Jul 20, 2010
6,323
3,873
68
Springfield, IL
www.mgordoncommunications.com
LDS said:
New marketing approach, throw cameras at customers and see which one(s) sticks...

That's always been the approach at the low end. Give customers a lot of choices to hit every price point. Most entry level customers have a specific amount that they won't/can't go beyond.By combining multiple models with a variety of lens options, they can pretty much give customers something different for every $50 step in pricing.
 

tron

EOS R5
CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
4,962
1,316
magarity said:
So the only difference between T6 and T7 will be +4MP? I guess keeping the price point must be brutal.
Maybe 24-18 = 6Mp? ;D And if it stays very cheap that's OK. There are some other not so expensive Rebels to chose from. SL2 for example is a VERY nice little DSLR
 

rrcphoto

EOS R6
Jun 20, 2013
2,505
147
SkynetTX said:
magarity said:
So the only difference between T6 and T7 will be +4MP?
Yep. Except the +4MP and that the flash symbol is graved into the flash button and not painted on it this is exactly the same camera like the T6/1300D. I don't think anyone really need this. And what will the T8/3000D or the T9/4000D add to this one? Some more megapixels? More graved symbols? Come on, Canon, make a real update to Rebels! Check the specification list of my 9000D if you need some guide/inspiration! :)

I'm sure your 9000D wouldn't be going for 399 like this one just may. ::)
 

BrightTiger

EOS M50
Aug 21, 2015
43
34
DIGIC 4+ ?
So we are going back to the same IC introduced in 2Q2016 (T6)?
Canon - why are you wasting manufacturing costs on this? Consolidate the entry models.
 

Talys

Canon R5
CR Pro
Feb 16, 2017
2,106
399
Vancouver, BC
unfocused said:
LDS said:
New marketing approach, throw cameras at customers and see which one(s) sticks...

That's always been the approach at the low end. Give customers a lot of choices to hit every price point. Most entry level customers have a specific amount that they won't/can't go beyond.By combining multiple models with a variety of lens options, they can pretty much give customers something different for every $50 step in pricing.

Another benefit to many models is that they can be sold at different types of retailers at different price margins. Often, a prospective buyer in the low end will price check the same model, but not research for an alternative that might be better (for them) and cheaper, elsewhere.
 

Sharlin

EOS R
CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
1,371
1,314
Turku, Finland
Some apparent differences compared to the 4000D:

  • Different knurling in the mode dial (weirdly specific detail!)
  • The 4000D flash popup is apparently manual (but surely it still auto-popups in auto modes? :eek: )
  • The 4000D is apparently missing a remote shutter release jack
  • The 2000D has a Wi-Fi led
  • Separate power switch vs. "off" setting in mode dial
  • Metal vs plastic lens mount, of course
 

ajfotofilmagem

EOS 5D Mark IV
Aug 23, 2013
2,382
84
Bahia Brazil
Sharlin said:
Some apparent differences compared to the 4000D:

  • Different knurling in the mode dial (weirdly specific detail!)
  • The 4000D flash popup is apparently manual (but surely it still auto-popups in auto modes? :eek: )
  • The 4000D is apparently missing a remote shutter release jack
  • The 2000D has a Wi-Fi led
  • Separate power switch vs. "off" setting in mode dial
  • Metal vs plastic lens mount, of course
If that means at least a hundred dollars less, 4000D will sell well among people looking for a replacement for their point and shoot, and do not read Canonrumors.

However, autofocus in video mode should be a disappointment to those who expect better performance on a "real" camera launched in 2018.
 

9VIII

EOS 5D Mark IV
Feb 8, 2013
1,843
0
I will take this over the 7D2 for birding (and especially the 7D2 since it’s only 20MP).
I’d take the SL2 above all else but if IQ is similar enough then there’s no reason to pay extra for the DPAF sensor.
 

tron

EOS R5
CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
4,962
1,316
9VIII said:
I will take this over the 7D2 for birding (and especially the 7D2 since it’s only 20MP).
Preferring the lowest entry level camera to 7D2 for birding merely for 4 additional Mpixels borderlines to a troll's statement. I do not believe this is your intention though. I believe you haven't tried to shoot even one bird instead. You cannot compare 7D2 handling with the joystick, button reassignment, 65 AF point system, fps and buffer to a toy camera with just 4Mp more than 7D2.
 

9VIII

EOS 5D Mark IV
Feb 8, 2013
1,843
0
tron said:
9VIII said:
I will take this over the 7D2 for birding (and especially the 7D2 since it’s only 20MP).
Preferring the lowest entry level camera to 7D2 for birding merely for 4 additional Mpixels borderlines to a troll's statement. I do not believe this is your intention though. I believe you haven't tried to shoot even one bird instead. You cannot compare 7D2 handling with the joystick, button reassignment, 65 AF point system, fps and buffer to a toy camera with just 4Mp more than 7D2.

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=1280.msg663105#msg663105
 

tron

EOS R5
CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
4,962
1,316
9VIII said:
tron said:
9VIII said:
I will take this over the 7D2 for birding (and especially the 7D2 since it’s only 20MP).
Preferring the lowest entry level camera to 7D2 for birding merely for 4 additional Mpixels borderlines to a troll's statement. I do not believe this is your intention though. I believe you haven't tried to shoot even one bird instead. You cannot compare 7D2 handling with the joystick, button reassignment, 65 AF point system, fps and buffer to a toy camera with just 4Mp more than 7D2.

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=1280.msg663105#msg663105
The first one which is sharper (or better focused) than the others is really very nice! But I do not believe you shot them with a 1300D like camera, did you?
 

Sharlin

EOS R
CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
1,371
1,314
Turku, Finland
tron said:
9VIII said:
http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=1280.msg663105#msg663105
The first one which is sharper (or better focused) than the others is really very nice! But I do not believe you shot them with a 1300D like camera, did you?

I mean, you could take those pictures with a P&S superzoom. Indeed it would probably be way easier than with any DSLR given the reach available in a small package.