2nd hand equipment shops in Berlin?

Marsu42

Canon Pride.
Feb 7, 2012
Berlin
der-tierfotograf.de
TheJock said:
Thanks for any assistance you may be able to offer.

There are a couple, but you should be aware that they all only offer very bad deals in comparison to private offers.

The reason is that under EU/German law, commercial shops *must* offer a warranty, i.e. they have to check every part and calculate some safety margin into their prices - plus they have to pay the shop/personel for their shops. Even a well-meaning clerk will tell you that you'd better buy private, and I'm at a complete loss how they manage to sell used gear at all looking at the sky-high prices even for completely outdated gear.

Upvote 0

TheJock

Oct 10, 2013
Dubai
Marsu42 said:
TheJock said:
Thanks for any assistance you may be able to offer.

.....and I'm at a complete loss how they manage to sell used gear at all looking at the sky-high prices even for completely outdated gear.
I’ve noticed the prices are quite high, well that’s one less thing to consider on my agenda while there, I can concentrate on snapping the sights instead!!
To be honest I was wondering if I was going to find an affordable used 10-20mm Sigma, but that looks highly unlikely at the prices I’ve observed, I can get the variable aperture version for the equivalent of 360 Euro brand new in Dubai, ohh well that’s that idea out the window!!
Thanks for all your help guys, CR rules 8)

Upvote 0