430EX II Going Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stevo2008

neuroanatomist said:
Ahhh yes, the brilliant folks at Best Buy.

It's very unlikely. Canon will probably discontinue the 580EX II since the 600EX-RT is a replacement, but the 430EX II is a rung down on the ladder.
Is it safe to assume that the price of 580 EX II will go below $400 after 600EX-RT is available this April? I also heard about non RT 600EX. May be it will sell at same price point as current 580EX II.

Upvote 0
L

libertyranger

Thanks for the feedback. I bought a 430 EX II yesterday at my local photography shop. It looks great on my T3i. I'm am really liking it. I also ordered a diffuser on Amazon. It's a little cap. I'm shooting a wedding saturday as a backup shooter and I can already see how this flash is really going to help get some nice shots.

Also, I wanted to get a Gary Fong diffuser for the wedding but couldn't afford it at the moment. Anyone use on of those? They worth getting? The little diffuser cap I bought was only 11 bucks on Amazon :)

Upvote 0
E

epiieq1

libertyranger said:
Thanks for the feedback. I bought a 430 EX II yesterday at my local photography shop. It looks great on my T3i. I'm am really liking it. I also ordered a diffuser on Amazon. It's a little cap. I'm shooting a wedding saturday as a backup shooter and I can already see how this flash is really going to help get some nice shots.

Also, I wanted to get a Gary Fong diffuser for the wedding but couldn't afford it at the moment. Anyone use on of those? They worth getting? The little diffuser cap I bought was only 11 bucks on Amazon :)

I use one indoors, and it actually works pretty well. Some love it, some feel you should bounce the flash. In the rooms I typically use it in, it works fairly well and gives good coverage without being overly harsh (unless you're VERY close up).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.