stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
Interesting....

I guess I never really look at the colors or tonality, etc in the viewfinder...I look there purely for focus and composition.

I figure if a color is off, etc...I'll tweak that in post, but when looking through the viewfinder is it pretty much purely composition for me.

I've visualized the color (or monochrome) and tonalities before I raise the camera to my eye....

cayenne
I normally have visualized the tonality I want the final picture to have before I decide to take the picture in the first place. I always shoot Raw so that the color setting is mostly irrelevant. Sometimes at twilight I will set the white balance to daylight so that the software doesn't try to make the scene look like high noon when I first open it in ACR. And then I tweak things to approximate how I remember the scene looking. Of course I am seeing things in person and through the OVF.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Interesting....

I guess I never really look at the colors or tonality, etc in the viewfinder...I look there purely for focus and composition.

I figure if a color is off, etc...I'll tweak that in post, but when looking through the viewfinder is it pretty much purely composition for me.

I've visualized the color (or monochrome) and tonalities before I raise the camera to my eye....

cayenne
Maybe, it can just be my habit to look at the scene and try to capture before I compose. In some situations I did used a Sony A7RII, but the EVF always feels a bit flashy and reminds me I am looking at a screen or so and feels kind of disconnected from what I want to take a shot on, or maybe it's just me being old and loved that feel of seeing what is actually there and do all those processing in the brain as part of the enjoyment

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0