85mm Mk2 L rocks - show your best...

P

Pookie

Guest
Viggo said:
Since I bring my camera everywhere I swapped to the 85 for when picking the children up from school and kindergarten.

Shot three series here, about 80 pictures total. I had perhaps 6-7 shots that were off, and at least 4 was my fault. He ran SO fast. Amazing lens, and who said it couldn't track?

I'll include two just because. As a side note I corrected a little front focus when I got home.


F1.2, 1/2500s
a334.jpg


a333.jpg

Running at 1.2 !!! hahhaaaa... and so many complain about the focus with this lens, you must have an outlier ;)
 

Viggo

EOS R5
Dec 13, 2010
4,703
1,381
Pookie said:
Viggo said:
Since I bring my camera everywhere I swapped to the 85 for when picking the children up from school and kindergarten.

Shot three series here, about 80 pictures total. I had perhaps 6-7 shots that were off, and at least 4 was my fault. He ran SO fast. Amazing lens, and who said it couldn't track?

I'll include two just because. As a side note I corrected a little front focus when I got home.


F1.2, 1/2500s

Running at 1.2 !!! hahhaaaa... and so many complain about the focus with this lens, you must have an outlier ;)

I had my camera calibrated at Canon's 4 times in a row, they finally got it right 8)
 

gregorywood

Always in learning mode
Pookie and Private,

How long will this go on?

I had a level of respect for both of you, solely based on your posts and levels of knowledge and experience. Now, you appear to be like two school girls fighting in the playground at every opportunity.

I don't like wading through this garbage to learn and observe the quality posts. Can you take it somewhere else?

Somebody had to say it.
 

canonix

I'm New Here
Mar 7, 2016
20
0
Pookie said:
Viggo said:
Since I bring my camera everywhere I swapped to the 85 for when picking the children up from school and kindergarten.

Shot three series here, about 80 pictures total. I had perhaps 6-7 shots that were off, and at least 4 was my fault. He ran SO fast. Amazing lens, and who said it couldn't track?

I'll include two just because. As a side note I corrected a little front focus when I got home.


F1.2, 1/2500s
a334.jpg


a333.jpg

Running at 1.2 !!! hahhaaaa... and so many complain about the focus with this lens, you must have an outlier ;)



Amazing Shot! To capture fast movement with 1.2 is such a great advantage of this lens. I like how you used the heat of the moment for this picture :D
 

rcarca

Amateur, Enthusiast, Canonphile
Apr 11, 2012
240
1
UK
raphoto.me
Pookie said:
gregorywood said:
Pookie and Private,

How long will this go on?

I had a level of respect for both of you, solely based on your posts and levels of knowledge and experience. Now, you appear to be like two school girls fighting in the playground at every opportunity.

I don't like wading through this garbage to learn and observe the quality posts. Can you take it somewhere else?

Somebody had to say it.

You should ask PBD... he's the one starting this... look at his profile pic. Talk about a schoolgirl. If you'll notice he's the one coming here to this thread to "teach" me a lesson. He doesn't own the lens or can offer anything positive in response.

My point is that if he's so opinionated about my work in particular he should at least be able to show his work to prove his points. He states he's a teacher... then why is he so afraid to show examples of his work to back up his points?

I'll keep posting my images, talking about the equipment I own and use. He can attack all he wants... I will respond to his BS whenever he pipes up. Apparently the mods here like his antics. They allow him to get away with his nonsense call people idiots and act like a total troll.

Again, read this entire thread and you'll see... he had nothing to offer beside a raft of sh_t.

But for goodness sake, let's move on... Let's focus on photography and all the stuff we love. Let's not get riled by trolls... on anyone's part. Above all let's show to respect to each other and to everyone else on the forum.

Please...
 

Click

I post too Much on Here!!
Jul 29, 2012
13,938
2,046
Canada
Beautiful pictures, SwnSng. I especially like the first and second one.
 
P

Pookie

Guest
rcarca said:
Pookie said:
gregorywood said:
Pookie and Private,

How long will this go on?

I had a level of respect for both of you, solely based on your posts and levels of knowledge and experience. Now, you appear to be like two school girls fighting in the playground at every opportunity.

I don't like wading through this garbage to learn and observe the quality posts. Can you take it somewhere else?

Somebody had to say it.

You should ask PBD... he's the one starting this... look at his profile pic. Talk about a schoolgirl. If you'll notice he's the one coming here to this thread to "teach" me a lesson. He doesn't own the lens or can offer anything positive in response.

My point is that if he's so opinionated about my work in particular he should at least be able to show his work to prove his points. He states he's a teacher... then why is he so afraid to show examples of his work to back up his points?

I'll keep posting my images, talking about the equipment I own and use. He can attack all he wants... I will respond to his BS whenever he pipes up. Apparently the mods here like his antics. They allow him to get away with his nonsense call people idiots and act like a total troll.

Again, read this entire thread and you'll see... he had nothing to offer beside a raft of sh_t.

But for goodness sake, let's move on... Let's focus on photography and all the stuff we love. Let's not get riled by trolls... on anyone's part. Above all let's show to respect to each other and to everyone else on the forum.

Please...

Let's see how long he goes before he wants to teach again ::)

But as you've seen, I've answered mostly with images. Here are two more with the 85L (the second one is a celly of a 85L shot)... WHICH BTW, TOTALLY ROCKS !!!!

Here is one from one of my model clients, Camille... with the 85L. Camille sent me this this morning, last night she was out in the city and ran across this, shot with the very same 85L lens.
 

Attachments

  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 273
P

Pookie

Guest
A little shoot out in the pouring rain with Danielle...

Swanton Rd - Santa Cruz, California.

5D3+85L with an Elinchrom Quadra into a Mola Demi 22" (all wrapped up in a clear trash bag)
 
<-- start Taboola -->