A Canon DSLR First Coming to EOS 5D Mark IV [CR2]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p>The teasing of features and information has started ahead of the August announcement of the EOS 5D Mark IV from Canon.</p>
<p>We’re told that the new camera will have a DSLR first from Canon, but the source was unsure if any other manufacturer has or will have the same feature in one of their cameras. While we’re told that the feature “isn’t major”, it is something “a lot of shooters will be happy to have”.</p>
<p>We expect a lot more information over the next few weeks, and we’re working hard daily trying to get some new bits of information.</p>
<p>What sort of “DSLR first” feature do you want to see in a Canon DSLR?</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
We'll get something new like prior releases did: silent shutter was new on the 5D3, DPAF was new on the 70D, anti-flicker was new on the 7D2, etc.

But telling us we're going to get something new isn't really a rumor, that's a certainty. The real scoop would be telling us what it is. :p

My 'reasonable' guess would be (I don't know) some sort of automated AFMA, illuminated buttons, or other nice to have.

My 'reach goal of slight unreasonableness' would be a modular LCD mount so you can slap in a solid vanilla LCD, change it out for a tilty, change it out for a tilty/flippy/touch, etc.

My batsh-- unreasonable guess would be a hybrid/switchable OVF/EVF combo. Amplification in dark rooms and focus-peaking, anyone? :D

- A

Upvote 0