A Canon RF 16-28mm f/2L USM is coming [CR1]

CanonFanBoy

Real men single speed.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
Irving, Texas
This could be a very interesting lens for astro, so that would be a really cool prospect. I already know this lens isn't for my taste and needs, but renting one for an astro trip if it's low on coma and vignette would be awesome. The potential for the most incredible portrait zoom ever created is where I'm anxious...having two bodies with a 28-70 f/2 and a 70-135f/2 zoom would be simply game-changing for wedding photographers....I know that if that ends up being the combo, I will be buying both of them.
Hoping for a 70-135 f/2L zoom myself. BTW: Loved your write up about the EF 24-105 f/4L II (I?) several months ago. Very nice photos of cars were with it. Your write up encouraged me a great deal to get the RF 24-105 f/4L when I ordered my R. You proved the EF version doesn't deserve all the bad written about it. Just goes to show that MTF charts, while they might be of some value, are not always the determiner of what is good or bad. Actual use and results in the hands of a master mean more. Your work is beautiful and makes me aspire to get better.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LSXPhotog

LSXPhotog

EOS RP
CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
www.diossiphotography.com
Hoping for a 70-135 f/2L zoom myself. BTW: Loved your write up about the EF 24-105 f/4L II (I?) several months ago. Very nice photos of cars were with it. Your write up encouraged me a great deal to get the RF 24-105 f/4L when I ordered my R. You proved the EF version doesn't deserve all the bad written about it. Just goes to show that MTF charts, while they might be of some value, are not always the determiner of what is good or bad. Actual use and results in the hands of a master mean more. Your work is beautiful and makes me aspire to get better.
Wow, well thank you very very much. I am really glad I helped you make your decision on that lens because it's truly underrated. I have been putting the new RF version hard to work and I'm beyond thrilled with its performance as well...it's sharper, better controlled for distortion, and has even better control of aberrations than any of it's previous siblings.

Took this photo Friday night.
FB_IMG_1564238424726.jpg

CanonFanBoy

Real men single speed.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
Irving, Texas
Wow, well thank you very very much. I am really glad I helped you make your decision on that lens because it's truly underrated. I have been putting the new RF version hard to work and I'm beyond thrilled with its performance as well...it's sharper, better controlled for distortion, and has even better control of aberrations than any of it's previous siblings.

Took this photo Friday night.
View attachment 185829
Very nice!