Added an EOS 90D to my system stable.

jabird56

Explorer
Canon Rumors Premium
Oct 16, 2018
Central Florida
I have been reviewing numerous writeups for the Canon EOS 90D weighing the Pros and Cons from the reviewers. After a few months of reviewing these articles, I have added the 90D to my Canon system. I like that I can use all of the lenses that I currently have, but I can also use the BG-E14 Battery Grip from my 70D. It will definitely be interesting going from a 20MP sensor to a 33MP sensor.

Reactions: 1 users

jabird56

Explorer
Canon Rumors Premium
Oct 16, 2018
Central Florida
I have been reviewing numerous writeups for the Canon EOS 90D weighing the Pros and Cons from the reviewers. After a few months of reviewing these articles, I have added the 90D to my Canon system. I like that I can use all of the lenses that I currently have, but I can also use the BG-E14 Battery Grip from my 70D. It will definitely be interesting going from a 20MP sensor to a 33MP sensor.
LESSON LEARNED FOR EVERYBODY: The day that I posted this thread was the day that I took delivery of this 90D from FEDEX. After I posted this tread I then logged onto CANON USA to register this camera. After several attempts to register this camera in both EDGE and FIREFOX, I called CANON USA Customer Service direct. That gentleman also attempted to register this camera for me, but again he had NO success. He then said let me put you on HOLD for a few minutes and check your S/N against a couple of corporate databases. He came back and said that this was an International model and NOT a CANON USA certified model. This was on a Friday afternoon and the Nationally Known Store; that I bought this from, was closed already. So Monday I called the Internet Salesman that I worked with; who insured me that this was a USA model being shipped, and all I got was is voicemail. So I called their 800 number and got right through to him and told him my issue. He send me an email with directions to ship this camera body back. It didn't include a shipping label where they paid the cost of return, but their shipping reference number was only valid for 7 days so I foot the bill to get this thing back to them. They received the camera back a week after it was initially delivered to me. I waited until the following Tuesday to re-engage with this company, and again I had to go through their 800 number to get this guy to answer. I asked for a status and he said that they didn't have ANY USA certified 90D models and that they were reimbursing me for the cost of the camera only, and then he hung up. I did a quick check of my bank account, and at least the deposit was there for the camera.

I am now building a package to submit to the BBB for Bait and Switch, Interstate fraud, and not paying for the return shipment when the error was on them.

I went online direct to the CANON USA Shop and ordered my 90D from them, and received it 2 days after I ordered it. Even though it was from CANON USA, I immediately went online and registered this camera body with CANON USA. And it is now in my registered CANON equipment account.

*****LEARN FROM ME: Whenever you buy camera gear, IMMEDIATELY go online to REGISTER it to insure that it's USA CERTIFEID.

Upvote 0