Adobe interface frustrations

jd7

CR Pro
Feb 3, 2013
Over the last year or so Adobe has changed the interface for the Creative Cloud Destop and the Lightroom app (for mobile phones).

The Creative Cloud Destop now insists on showing a list of "recent" images I have opened. Photoshop has a similar "feature" but you can set the number of items in the recent images list to zero which effectively turns it off. I cannot find any way to turn of the recent images in Creative Cloud Desktop, however. There are any number of reasons why someone might not want recent files to display (to give just one example, you are working on images which are subject to an NDA). Has anyone found a way to turn if off?

For something like the last year the Lightroom app repeatedly returns to edit mode. In the past it did not do that. I almost never edit images in the app, but I do want to use the app to view images and do things like rate them or add a comment. As it is now, if you are in a collection and open an image in full screen view and get out of edit mode, you can swipe between images and it stays out of edit mode. However, every time you you go back to the grid and then return to full screen, it opens in edit view again and you have to turn off edit view again. Further, if I am trying to view images in a collection I haven't used for a while, and I am not connected to the internet via wifi, every time I open an image in full screen mode I get a message asking if I want to download an editable version of the image. This happens every time even if I am just swiping from one image to the next. I do not want to be asked about downloing an editable version of images every time I want to view the images full screen on a phone! The Lightroom app has gone from being something I found quite useful to something I avoid using now. Has anyone found a way to get the app to stop automatically returning to the edit mode?

I just don't understand why Adobe is forcing these interface changes on people. If Adobe thinks some people will like the changes, fine, but surely they could provide an option to turn them off and go back to the way they were before. Personally I couldn't care less about things like "generative AI", I just want to be able to use the interface which was availalbe at the time I signed up for an Adobe subscription!

Last edited: