Adorama puts an expected arrival date on the Canon EOS R5 body

Well, called Adorama for an update on my order.... they have yet again pushed my July 9th morning order until “early November”. They keep promising a date and moving it when it gets close.

So did Adorama piss off Canon or what? This is the last time I work with Adorama. Completely unprofessional and shady business practices intended to keep your order at any cost. At least BH has been transparent about the situation with customers sending updates and appears to have been shipping out a ton more cameras. I have to call Adorama just to be jerked around.

Upvote 0
Well, called Adorama for an update on my order.... they have yet again pushed my July 9th morning order until “early November”. They keep promising a date and moving it when it gets close.

So did Adorama piss off Canon or what? This is the last time I work with Adorama. Completely unprofessional and shady business practices intended to keep your order at any cost. At least BH has been transparent about the situation with customers sending updates and appears to have been shipping out a ton more cameras. I have to call Adorama just to be jerked around.
B&H isn't as transparent as you might think, they say "first come first serve" but they did ship out some units to ppl who bought R5's in September skipping those like myself that ordered August 3rd and even some who ordered in July!

Upvote 0
B&H isn't as transparent as you might think, they say "first come first serve" but they did ship out some units to ppl who bought R5's in September skipping those like myself that ordered August 3rd and even some who ordered in July!
Yeah July order here in US and still nothing from BH. And now they haven’t replied to my chat request from Monday either.

Upvote 0

Funny. When you go to their site they show a ship date of 10/20 on new orders. This whole thing is getting to almost comical.

Upvote 0
Did anyone have any luck getting shipping info from the 10/20 shipment yet?
Emailed Adorama last week, using the support thread started back in August, 22 emails later, my 7/9 order is still on backorder. She wouldn’t give me a date this time. Back in very late September they said delivery would be by the fiweek of November. At this point maybe canceling and waiting for the EOS R1 doesn’t sound so ridiculous.

Here is the quote from the other day, “It is in high demand. Unfortunately, we haven't received this item yet in our warehouse to fulfill all orders with us.

Rest assured! It shows that we still have alot of open order for this camera directly from the manufacturer.”

Not exactly reassuring.

September 22, “Upon checking, I can see according to the manufacturer estimates we expect to fulfill your order by the 1st week of November. Please note these dates are generally accurate, but are subject to change at the discretion of manufacturer.”

Upvote 0