Ah! A few for the ladies... ;)

S

SandyP

Was working in the studio the other weekend with a new and promising male model, Corey, he is currently represented by iModel Management, and I was lucky to get in some free time to work with him at the studio. My only instructions/direction on the shoot was: sexy, basic, serious, simple. So.... no problem. Haha. There are a few more on my website, but I dug these the most.

I decided to not use any artificial lighting, as I wanted this to stay as simple as possible. There is a massive east facing window at the studio, so it's perfect on bright days to get a nice quality of light through it. Especially with the curtains closed, basically making it into a 10ft tall and 12ftlong soft box. :) Perfect. There is basically no real editing here, just basic contrast and curves, with a little film grain added in. That's it. Keep it simple.

Corey, Profile by Sandy Phimester, on Flickr

Corey by Sandy Phimester, on Flickr

Corey, Details by Sandy Phimester, on Flickr

5D Mark III and 50L at around f/2.5 or f/2.8 for the two half body shots, the headshot was with the 135L.

S

SandyP

I like it soft. :) Ha.

They seem to be all about the face anyways. They've been telling him to tone DOWN a little bit, and didn't want me to focus too much on just body, so I felt like shooting it with less depth was a good idea. If they liked it, it's all I care about. :) After this shoot he might be shipped out to shoot in Toronto, so I'm pretty happy that we got him results so soon.

If it were any other shoot with him, it would have been taken at f/8 most likely. So you're right, but in this particular case I think it's exactly what they had asked for.

Upvote 0