All of the nominated documentaries at the Oscars were shot on Canon cameras.

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
I don't want to be the advocate of the devil but I guess, to be fair, we need to listen to what people are saying.
I shoot on 1DX II and it is fantastic. That has never been the problem with Canon. The problem with them is that they do everything to protect their higher end market.
If you were a filmmaker of that budget, renting few C300 II and a servo 50-1000 wouldn't be an issue. You can afford to put a 5D III or IV hanging all over the place without worrying if they are going to be destroyed in the process or not. I really wished the RP was that kind of camera.
This news is not exciting at all to me. It just says that I bought a fantastic gear. It proves as well that low market will remains neglected. If you re OK with that then rejoice, but if you are not then worry like I do.
And you completely miss the point.

Upvote 0
Sep 22, 2016
I don't get this. So now that award winning films were shot on Canon, people are not allowed anymore to complain about Canon products and their video capabilities or they are considered idiots? wtf? I guess we are not even allowed to wish for a camera which is in league with 5d2 in it's time.
After reading this news I don't even want 5d4 to shoot FF 4K anymore...I was stupid to want it in the first place and Sony a7r is just another crap giving people unwanted features. I get it.
The point is, a lot of people who are doing the complaining don't actually know much about video. They just know how to read a spec sheet.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

RunAndGun

CR Pro
Dec 16, 2011
He probably does like Canon gear, but the links are to Canon Explorers of Light, which he is one of. He’s an ambassador for Canon and all that entails. I honestly couldn’t care less. I’m a big boy and have been shooting professionally for 22 years and I understand how the world works. If a major equipment manufacturer is going to offer you support, equipment, etc. in exchange for “publicly” using their gear, hey, go for it.

Upvote 0