Anything shot with the EOS-M

I bought the kit with 22 pancake lens on that cheap sale a while back (same time many of you got yours I am sure). I use it for my point and shoot because I was unhappy with the quality of the smaller sensor point and shoot I had before. It is ideal for this purpose - even fits in the pocket of my cargo shorts (after replacing the thick center pinch lens cap with a thinner conventional cap).

Here is a recent example from the Ansel Adams Gallery in Yosemite. When I travel I like shots like this for my photo album. I asked the desk staff if I could take a wide angle photo of the gallery, since galleries don't allow photos of the artwork. This is understandable because they do not want people taking closeups and making their own copies. Since it was a wide angle view the lady said it was fine and she thanked me for asking.

ISO 1600 at f4 (aperture priority).

Attachments

• IMG_3112.JPG
    IMG_3112.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 343
Upvote 0
Not much movement on this thread - no love for the M? As stated earlier I use it strictly as a point and shoot camera with the small 22 pancake lens (I will not buy additional lenses).

Last night I led a night photography workshop for a local camera club and threw it in my jacket pocket just for snapshots of the group (to post on my photography FB page, etc). This is unadjusted JPEG, except for downsizing and watermark.

ISO 800, f2.5 at 1/25 second.

Attachments

• IMG_3651.JPG
    IMG_3651.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 570
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Got my M5 yesterday and took it out this morning to test with an EF-S 55-250mm + adapter. A robin jumped in front and below me and I snapped him at 135mm, 1/250s iso 1600 f/5 RAW in fully automatic mode. It focussed on his eye immediately and I got off 1 shot. The rest of the bird is beyond the depth of field. (It's only the 32nd shot with the camera.)

Attachments

• IMG_0032_Robin_CR.jpg
    IMG_0032_Robin_CR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 273
Upvote 0
Upvote 0