Autofocus on canon 5d mark iii In the Corners Of the screen

Sometimes we spend more effort trying to get autofocus to do what we want than it would take to just focus manually.

I appreciate The answers And information,Personally I'll try to avoid Focus and recompose,However ill keep it Hopefully for rare situation

Bringing me to another question: What's the different Between Automatic focus To manually Focus:

The question is If I don't press The automatic focus Where the focus will be in The image? (not the Live view Mode Because it's too many steps and consuming time)

There is away To know for sure Where it's focusing( i am only Using it when i do a test)And is in the Blue menu Under AF Point display, So I can see the red dot Where it's focusing
However Manually focus This feature doesn't work So where is the focus?

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
not the Live view Mode Because it's too many steps and consuming time
Pushing one button on the back of your camera is too many steps? Granted, you may need to move the lever on top of the button first, but still... :unsure:

However Manually focus This feature doesn't work So where is the focus?
It’s wherever you put it. That’s the whole point of manual focus. Look through the viewfinder, turn the focus ring on the lens until the thing you want to focus on is in focus.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
It’s wherever you put it. That’s the whole point of manual focus. Look through the viewfinder, turn the focus ring on the lens until the thing you want to focus on is in focus.

And if you don't focus it, it's going to be whereever it was last, i.e., someplace random (if you just took the lens out of the box) or where it was when you took your previous picture.,

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
The question is If I don't press The automatic focus Where the focus will be in The image? (not the Live view Mode Because it's too many steps and consuming time)

With the newer touch screen cameras, one button to enter liveview, touch the person or area on the image you want to focus on and it takes the photo instantly. I don't see that as difficult, I do it all the time. You only need turn on liveview once, from there on, just touch the screen on the focus spot. Exposure is better too, it averages around the area of the focus.

I also have a EOS R. the main difference is that it is in live view all the time, and I can use the viewfinder.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Some cameras in manual focus mode will turn red whatever is in focus. Some will show boxes around what is in focus when you partly depress the shutter. Read up on manual focus in your camera’s manual to see what it can do and how to invoke it or turn it off if possible.
Some have zebras, too. The OP's 5DIII has none of the above.

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
Some have zebras, too. The OP's 5DIII has none of the above.
Thanks. I’ve not used any flavor of 5D. I’m not even sure of which Canons I own have which features. I know at least one of my Gs has the red thing. I’m always surprised when the boxes pop up when in manual mode. I guess that is in the 6D2 viewfinder. I never have any problem focusing manually through the OVF.

Upvote 0
With the newer touch screen cameras, one button to enter liveview, touch the person or area on the image you want to focus on and it takes the photo instantly. I don't see that as difficult, I do it all the time. You only need turn on liveview once, from there on, just touch the screen on the focus spot. Exposure is better too, it averages around the area of the focus.

I also have a EOS R. the main difference is that it is in live view all the time, and I can use the viewfinder.

I Never Experience this feature''Liveview'' And i mistake it to the video mode,/view, Thanks to your patient And Grace I found out The meaning of it ,So as of now it's new to me ,

From a first glance It look Similar (But probably far from it) To what mirrorless camera do,
i will Explore it when i can ,and i hope I will managed to be smooth with it and it to be Accurate like the auto focus ,

Since i can't Zoom Through The viewfinder manual focus I have to depend on my eyesight and i can't Trust Myself Without zooming ,

Upvote 0