B&H USED DEPT Supertele

Dear all
I wish to purchase my first supertele- preferably 300mm 2.8 IS version I for sports and maybe some wildlife with use of Tele 1.4III or (2III after I will purchase this one) in the future.
To cut story short. I wonder if anyone bought used lenses from B&H store. How their rating system for used lenses look in reality. Your thoughts and experiences
I'm not U.S resident so buying from CPW is not an option :( If someone ask me to pull trigger for Version 2
Any info appreciated
Regards

WIDEnet

Where does this go? Oh, that's where.
Jan 23, 2015
Yeah, B&H, Adorama, and KEH are the most trustworthy places in existence to buy from, used or otherwise. Particularly with KEH I've always heard they really underrate the condition of their used gear, and with Adorama I bought a Nifty Fifty Mark I for $99 (when it usually goes for $150+ used) in "G" (worst) condition, and it was just fine except for some cosmetic dust and a little chip in the corner of the plastic. And the images were extremely sharp, of course. I usually buy used lenses from KEH or Adorama since their prices and selection are usually better.

If you care about cosmetics, KEH has a 300/2.8L IS USM in EX (Excellent) condition, for almost $300 less than B&H right now. And if you want to save $1200 off B&H's price, you can get a 300/2.8L IS for $2999 in VG condition at Adorama. The cosmetics may be a little less than brand new (And I do mean a little, I was very happy with my G condition lens) but the optical and mechanical and quality will be perfect.

Upvote 0

WIDEnet

Where does this go? Oh, that's where.
Jan 23, 2015
takesome1 said:
B&H return policy will protect you.

Yep, same with Adorama and KEH, particularly the former. That was why I was willing to take the small gamble on the Nifty Fifty Mark I in G (and, lest I forget, my 70-200/2.8L IS for only $850 with dented filter ring and decent cosmetics). I would buy the VG condition one from Adorama and if you don't like it (since like KEH they very often under-rate their products' condition) just return it and buy another one. They actually have a better return policy vs. B&H (30 days vs. 10) as of when I last checked.

One time I bought a 7D1 from them for $399 (fully functional) in G condition and they shipped a BP-511 battery with it instead of LP-E6. I called to tell them and they ended up just shipping me another LP-E6 in a few days and didn't even require me to return anything.

Upvote 0
DARSON said:
Thank you all for your reply
I have checked Adorama, but they have fewer choice in compare to B&H at least for supertele.
Regarding KEH I did know this company before but it is worth to check, Thanks
As for B&H, I have gift vouchers for 850$ already so I was thinking that this will be my first to choice to use it/buy it from

I bought a 100-400 and 15-85 from b&h. I bought 9 or 9.5 they were both basically brand new. The 100-400 was 6 months old based on date code.

Upvote 0