Beautiful Sunrises

P

Pookie

Valvebounce said:
Hi Pookie.
Very nice shot, clouds can add so much to a shot like this and in this one they have done it all.
Am I right in thinking you are stood on a peak (or maybe flying) looking over a mist filled area with clouds above?
Also, I'm confused by the dislike, what is to dislike?

Cheers, Graham.

Pookie said:
Haleakalā Sunrise, right before the sun peeks out over the clouds...
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM

Hi Graham, Yes... I'm on the peak of Haleakalā. We have a vacation house in the upcountry of Maui and every so often you can get the conditions just right for some great sunrises. I've now heard from Ashanford that the area is now lottery driven in order to get at this site... truly sad :(

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Pookie said:
Click said:
Pookie said:
Haleakalā Sunrise, right before the sun peeks out over the clouds...
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM

Nice shot, Pookie. Beautiful sky.

Valvebounce said:
Also, I'm confused by the dislike, what is to dislike?

+1
Thanks Click and Graham...

Sorry to Pookie, that dislike from me is a mistake ! I looked to see who would dislike the image only to find it was me :mad: I would never "dislike" someone's work publically unless it was truely awful ! I must have touched the "dislike" icon on my iPad when I was looking at the pictures, and scrolling probably. Not a very accident proof system ! Also I can't find a way to get it off.

Mods, if you read this can you please remove the "dislike" from Sporgon on Pookie's sunset image.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Paul.
Truly spectacular shot, great timing and positioning. It sounds like a good job you had the hand warmers or you may have lost fingers to Mr. Jack Frost! :)
Thank you for making the effort to go and take this picture so that I don't have to freeze. ;D ;D

Cheers, Graham.

GammyKnee said:
The Lawrie memorial on Ben Ledi at sunrise. It was so cold in the windchill that I could barely operate the camera, even with gloves stuffed with those little exothermic sachets...

Ben Ledi - Lawrie Memorial [5D4_1393] by Paul Roberts, on Flickr

5DIV + 24-105 (original)

Upvote 0

Sporgon

CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Valvebounce said:
Hi Paul.
Truly spectacular shot, great timing and positioning. It sounds like a good job you had the hand warmers or you may have lost fingers to Mr. Jack Frost! :)
Thank you for making the effort to go and take this picture so that I don't have to freeze. ;D ;D

Cheers, Graham.

GammyKnee said:
The Lawrie memorial on Ben Ledi at sunrise. It was so cold in the windchill that I could barely operate the camera, even with gloves stuffed with those little exothermic sachets...

Ben Ledi - Lawrie Memorial [5D4_1393] by Paul Roberts, on Flickr

5DIV + 24-105 (original)

+1 !

Good shot, and good processing that has retained a very natural look.

Upvote 0

Sporgon

CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Click said:
Beautiful. Very nice shot, Sporgon. :)

Many thanks Click, Lion Rock, Graham & bholliman !

I got lucky with this. As it was shot in the summer I had to get up at about 3am and drive out to the coast. The sky was totally overcast and I had a face as long as a week. Got set up on the off chance, then this happened !

Upvote 0