DJL329

EOS R5
CR Pro
Aug 26, 2010
www.flickr.com
Here's a Metallic Green Bee (Agapostemon virescens?) I spotted last year. Shot with the 5D III and 100L.

18695537291_54e1b5ca8b_z.jpg

On Flickr

18070557034_4ac66f21fb_z.jpg

On Flickr

18505414858_c0506eda38_z.jpg

On Flickr

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
We have about 10 million honey bees, or it seems that many. A local bee keeper brought out several pallets of hives earlier this summer. They range for several miles, but we see them on every flower and weed. On a warm day, there is a haze of them around and over the hives that I can see from our house 300 ft away.

Upvote 0
I've only been stung by a bee once. It produced a mild and fleeting reaction, although a bit concerning. My breathing became difficult for a few short seconds. I had a major reaction after eating some wildflower honey a few months ago. My lips swelled like sausages. I ended up in the hospital overnight and was given an epipen. Am I allergic to bees or not. I guess I'm on my way to an allergist to find out. I've been stung my wasps several times. No problem...

Attachments

• _MG_0672_DxO.jpg
    _MG_0672_DxO.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 302
Upvote 0
dpc said:
I've only been stung by a bee once. It produced a mild and fleeting reaction, although a bit concerning. My breathing became difficult for a few short seconds. I had a major reaction after eating some wildflower honey a few months ago. My lips swelled like sausages. I ended up in the hospital overnight and was given an epipen. Am I allergic to bees or not. I guess I'm on my way to an allergist to find out. I've been stung my wasps several times. No problem...

This doesn't help my irrational fear of bees lol... but hope all is well with you and your allergies.

Upvote 0