best missed shots

I thought it'd be fun to share best missed shots :

Here's one of mine from my recent trip to Tadoba tiger reserve in India, i didn't anticipate the jump, it was my first time spotting a tiger:

IMG_1765-X3.jpg

kaykay said:

Here's one of mine from my recent trip to Tadoba tiger reserve in India, i didn't anticipate the jump, it was my first time spotting a tiger:

IMG_1765-X3.jpg
LOL - nice idea for a thread. Too bad I have deleted the 10,000+ missed shots of mine ;D

Upvote 0
Love the idea. Luckily, I'm pretty lax about deleting photos... most of mine are "too tight a crop" rather than not anticipating a moving subject, but similar amusing results... (yes, the duckling was shot holding my camera down by the ground, no eye to the viewfinder, I'm not *that* bad ::))

Attachments

• missed_shots-1.jpg
    missed_shots-1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,265
  • missed_shots-2.jpg
    missed_shots-2.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,265
  • missed_shots-3.jpg
    missed_shots-3.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,266
Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2011
mackguyver said:
kaykay said:

LOL - nice idea for a thread. Too bad I have deleted the 10,000+ missed shots of mine ;D

LOL... ;D +1

Upvote 0
Dylan777 said:
mackguyver said:
kaykay said:

LOL... ;D +1

Missed the opportunity to post missed shots ;)

Upvote 0

Menace

New Zealand
Apr 5, 2012
New Zealand
Dylan777 said:
mackguyver said:
kaykay said:

LOL... ;D +1

I'll make sure I don't delete all of my missed shots for the sake of this thread.

Upvote 0
The wife was kind enough to book a holiday cottage just north of Machynlleth, of Mach loop fame. Spent an afternoon sitting with camera next to me waiting for the jets but missed 'em every time thanks to getting a bite to eat from the fridge/popping to the loo/playing with the baby. Two of these flew over and, thanks to their slower speed, got this from the garden. Shutter speed too high (set for jets) so props are frozen - a cardinal sin (tut tut)

C130_zpsd5c7a695.jpg

These chaps were on a curtain right by my head. Transferred them to a desk but in my excitement left my 1000D on a high ISO... ruined! - I could have printed these huge and had 'em hanging on my wall :)

Spider003_zps4ba2a9ed.jpg

Upvote 0
Hesbehindyou said:
The wife was kind enough to book a holiday cottage just north of Machynlleth, of Mach loop fame. Spent an afternoon sitting with camera next to me waiting for the jets but missed 'em every time thanks to getting a bite to eat from the fridge/popping to the loo/playing with the baby. Two of these flew over and, thanks to their slower speed, got this from the garden. Shutter speed too high (set for jets) so props are frozen - a cardinal sin (tut tut)

C130_zpsd5c7a695.jpg

These chaps were on a curtain right by my head. Transferred them to a desk but in my excitement left my 1000D on a high ISO... ruined! - I could have printed these huge and had 'em hanging on my wall :)

Spider003_zps4ba2a9ed.jpg

Don't kick yourself even Bryan Carnathan committed that sin in this review : http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-1200mm-f-5.6-L-USM-Lens-Review.aspx :)

Upvote 0
My missed shot was of a Sloth bear in India... it charged us, reared and stood on its hind legs a few meters away from our jeep... everyone on the jeep was so scared no one shot an image... I came to my senses too late and shot an extremely blurry out of focus pic... it haunts me! :(

I'll try and dig out the pic to share once i'm home from work!

Attachments

• 20130406-5D3_6751.jpg
    20130406-5D3_6751.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 401
Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2011
adhocphotographer said:
My missed shot was of a Sloth bear in India... it charged us, reared and stood on its hind legs a few meters away from our jeep... everyone on the jeep was so scared no one shot an image... I came to my senses too late and shot an extremely blurry out of focus pic... it haunts me! :(

I'll try and dig out the pic to share once i'm home from work!

Are you sure 500mm is long enough on FF? ;D

Upvote 0

Menace

New Zealand
Apr 5, 2012
New Zealand
adhocphotographer said:
I came to my senses too late and shot an extremely blurry out of focus pic... it haunts me! :(

Hi adhocphotographer,

I recently met the said bear (we are in the same theropy group) - he is equally haunted by the miss.

He worked on that act for the last two hibernation seasons only for it to work too well and scare the sh*t out the tourists.

Now, whenever he sees any photographers, he just marks his territory in full view, sighs and walks away.

Regards

Winnie the poo(h).

;)

Upvote 0