Best time to take environmental portraits without flash?

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
ShootingStars said:
I am in Japan and for a photoshoot me and a model are planning to go to a garden close by. In Japan sunrise is around 5AM and sunset is around 4PM. When would be the best time to go in terms of lighting and no flash photography? Thanks.

Dear Mr. ShootingStar
Past 5 years, I have learn from The PRO , The Best Wedding Photographer in Thailand, Mr. Aud. He Teach me that, Yes, The Early morning sun and the Late evening sun are the best time to shoot the Photos of the wedding, But The Most important thing that the Good Photographer must know how to use the FLASHES and THE LIGHTS to Support and Enhance the Photos, to make the photos look better. Mr. Aud Teach me that, The great sharpshooter can take the good rifle and shoot 1 inch target with in 200 yards, But If he add the great scope, The Range of the target can be increase 2-3 Folds. Yes the Support Lights source = LED. or Flashes are similar to the Rifle scope, If you can use these lights and make the photos look better---No rules that can tell you --Do not use the Lights.

Just only one point of the Photography---And Many People can disagree with my Teacher. Here are the Photos of my dear Teacher, Mr. Aud , From Thailand.
Enjoy.
Surapon

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 611
  • 2A.jpg
    2A.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 607
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 624
  • 39.jpg
    39.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 662
Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Just only one point of the Photography---And Many People can disagree with my Teacher. Here are the Photos of my dear Teacher, Mr. Aud , From Thailand.

Attachments

• 88.jpg
    88.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 617
  • 71A.jpg
    71A.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 625
  • 71.jpg
    71.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 605
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 612
Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013

Attachments

• 7858.jpg
    7858.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 619
  • 7858-22.jpg
    7858-22.jpg
    834.9 KB · Views: 632
  • n-002.jpg
    n-002.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 634
  • n-003-2.jpg
    n-003-2.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 649
Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
"But The Most important thing that the Good Photographer must know how to use the FLASHES and THE LIGHTS to Support and Enhance the Photos"

+1

Often overlooked!

Also, overcast days with reflectors and/or the right poses (faces upwards).

Any time of day in good light/shade transition spots (and hopefully with a reflector).

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
YuengLinger said:
"But The Most important thing that the Good Photographer must know how to use the FLASHES and THE LIGHTS to Support and Enhance the Photos"

+1

Often overlooked!

Also, overcast days with reflectors and/or the right poses (faces upwards).

Any time of day in good light/shade transition spots (and hopefully with a reflector).

Yes + 1 for me too, Dear Mr. YuengLinger
Yes, Most of us/ Photographers, We do not the choice to select the best time of the day. That All of the PRO, use the portable shade and reflectors to control the light, and the external light to provide the best light. Yes, My Dear Dad teach me that---The Difference of two people, The Smart one and Normal one----The Normal People can Use the Chicken meat to cook and Create The Great Meal, But the Smart People can use the Chicken Sh-t to make a great meal too. Yes, The Great Photographers can adapt and shoot at any place and any times and get the Best photos in that situation.
Nice to talk to you, Sir.
Surapon

Upvote 0