Black Friday Deals 2020? (re: EOS R, R5 etc)

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I'd say "No." The R5 is too new even for a normal year to see any price reductions and this year, it's even less likely, especially since stock is so limited. Dealers have no incentive to discount this year. Things don't look good for the "R" either. The Canon Price Watch street price right now is the same as the regular retail price, something I've never seen before. So, I doubt there are any big discounts on the way, but there may still be a chance. Possibly a bundle deal. However, Canon isn't even offering any printer bundle rebates currently, which is not a good sign. With supply chains still disrupted, I expect that most Black Friday deals will come on second- or third-tier products, if at all.

Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
Surprisingly yes(with a caveat). I ordered and paid a deposit on an R6 last week on condition of price confirmation with a black friday discount of 15%. Money back no questions asked if it does not happen. So the likely price I will be paying should be about $3800 Aus. Also have a control ring adapter on order but I am not sure it will turn up so a basic adapter is out aside if that is the case.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Typically, a discount would be bundling with accessories like 3rd party battery, a lens or printer, maybe a CFexpress card. But, a phone call to a store can often get a discount when a purchase of additional items like lenses is involved. Stores must abide by the Canon MAP price in their listings and advertisements but they can privately sell for any price they want as long as the price is not advertised. Call a few. I'd expect that you could get $200 off, maybe more. Try to get a CFexpress card bundled with it or a EF-RF adaptor.

Upvote 0